What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wow I do less than that distance to the South of France :D
We live in the South of France, so Devon is a long way. 😁

Not really, were away for 6 weeks though, and we do enjoy driving, a lot, so we travel around a lot too. An 2 hour round trip for coffee is a fairly common occurrence 😁

Stick with TRW if you are happy with them , you know how fussy you are ;)

I haven't fitted the front TRW pads yet so no idea how they'll perform.
Just waiting for the sensor wire to wear through and get my money's worth out of the old pads;)

Getting a towbar fitted to my premium plus c class cabriolet :D
Might use it a bit more now .

MOt for the C Class I cleaned and waxed the brake pipes on Friday.

Passed with no advisories. :thumb:

Took one to the main dealer to diagnose a suspension “error” message. Turns out that it was an active engine mount. Despite being an unusual part, related to an unusual option, on a very unusual model, they’re expecting the replacement to arrive first thing in the morning. They’ll update the maps too.

Took another one to a car park for my daughter to try driving for the first time.

We bought the car 11 months ago - specifically a small, slow, manual - to enable her to learn how to drive well before she turned 17, to accelerate lessons on the road.

Despite badgering her for the last 11 months, she had no interest in having a go. She’s been 17 for six weeks now and she still hadn’t even sat in it on the drive!

But tonight, straight after dinner and out of the blue she announced that she wanted to try, so I got right up and took her to a car park to strike whilst the iron was hot!

She jumped in the car and pulled away. After driving for an hour and with goodness knows how many starts and gear changes she didn’t stall it even once.

She would have been ready for Le Man 24 hours had she started driving 11 months ago.

There goes the budget - insuring her as a learner then after her test, as well as the need for Valium after she passes the test - Dad, can I borrow the car tonight!! Been there, done that, T shirt is in tatters!!

Cracked the windscreen on Sunday coming back from looking at a car for a mate of mine. Favours. :mad:

I've just paid National Windscreens the £50 excess payment which my insurance company insist upon. They insisted on this being paid up front as the new screen has to be ordered directly from Mercedes so they need some form of security which I completely understand. Apparently there is nothing else available anywhere for this particular car as in generic/pattern stuff, which is is a good thing I suppose as it means that I'll get an original Mercedes one. I won't be holding my breath waiting for a replacement though, this could take some time...

ETA: Windscreen company just phoned to say the screen is coming from Germany and will be 3 - 5 working days. Yes, of course it will, it'll take them longer than that to locate one, let alone ship it. It's booked in for a service a fortnight on Friday and I can see it going in for that with a cracked screen.

Cracked the windscreen on Sunday coming back from looking at a car for a mate of mine. Favours. :mad:

I've just paid National Windscreens the £50 excess payment which my insurance company insist upon. They insisted on this being paid up front as the new screen has to be ordered directly from Mercedes so they need some form of security which I completely understand. Apparently there is nothing else available anywhere for this particular car as in generic/pattern stuff, which is is a good thing I suppose as it means that I'll get an original Mercedes one. I won't be holding my breath waiting for a replacement though, this could take some time...

ETA: Windscreen company just phoned to say the screen is coming from Germany and will be 3 - 5 working days. Yes, of course it will, it'll take them longer than that to locate one, let alone ship it. It's booked in for a service a fortnight on Friday and I can see it going in for that with a cracked screen.
So frustrating, but at least it will be an MB part when it arrives. I picked up a chip on the windscreen doing a good deed too.

These things happen, I try hard not to be too precious about my cars these days - not always easy.

Yesterday.....PDR work done to sort dent in roof & other small marks.

Just got back from Alex Crow, Stowmarket . He changed my old engine/tranny mounts for my new Autodoc/Lemforder ones . Feels like a new car , now with 106k .
The Lemforder mounts even had the MB part number on them .
All in fitting and parts , just under £215 . I’m well pleased with that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom