What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cleaned the van and car for first time in a while. Really therapeutic but by eck it’s knackered me out. 🥴
F1 qually now with a cold drink and nibbles. 🥳

Gave the E55 a good clean after spending a few days in Arundel, managed to combine break with wife with visit to PCS for some work (nice people, wife still talking to me) recently had rear arches sorted, and wheel refurb so car looking really good.

Yes that's the one. Got the name wrong....
👍Just ordered some - along with some quick detailer. My 'go to' product is Sonax Brilliant Shine, but the crafty Germans must be keeping it for themselves as I can't find anyone with it in stock. Have taken a chance on this; gets good reviews and it's British🇬🇧
detailer.jpg

👍Just ordered some - along with some quick detailer. My 'go to' product is Sonax Brilliant Shine, but the crafty Germans must be keeping it for themselves as I can't find anyone with it in stock. Have taken a chance on this; gets good reviews and it's British🇬🇧
View attachment 114674

I've been using the Autoglym equivalent - also pretty good at the finishing touch on my two blue cars - esp the Tanzanite one.

Put some of the Angel Vision H2O on all the glass , I’ve got 1200 miles to do in the next couple of weeks so I’m sure I will have an opinion on it .

Fitted new discs and pads all round on the B Class. I have to agree with the tester’s comment of worn and pitted at last year’s MoT.
3DC5843D-2B89-45A8-8B9C-8F1E67F4B1F9.jpeg

Dropped the diff oil, what a mess, came out like treacle and not a lot in there. Will do it again in a couple of weeks and see if any more crud comes out. New pads all around yesterday, bleeding the whole system next, then on to the gear box and engine oil. Don't think much has been done over the years and i think i have caught it all just in time.

Had the interior blower resistor replaced as the blower was getting more and more intermittent (Not cheap!).

Also had the antibacterial treatment and regas for the aircon from ATS (Cheap thanks to Groupon and car now smells of coconut!!).

Under bonnet clean on mine. Not that it's really been anywhere to get dirty but it was starting to look a bit jaded so it was out with the Aerospace 303 for the plastics and Gyeon QD for the paintwork. The C-Tek lives there by the way, been there a while now and not going anywhere for a while unfortunately.

Bonnet 04.jpg

Only just started with the Gyeon on a suggestion from the helpful folk at CleanYourCar and I must admit to being impressed with it so far. It's recommended for ceramic coatings, which this one has, and also good on the other stuff I've tried it on so far.

Gave the W213 a wash (Bilt Hamber snow foam, then rinse, then wash with BH Autowash, then rinse, dry & QD, then wheels). I keep meaning to do the annual machine polishing and to apply my new Angelwax Fifth Element but it takes so long to do the prep, I ran out of time (must start early next time).

The 213 is an improvement over my (stolen) 212 (which was an awesome car) but I want to get some diamond cut wheels and am really struggling to find any in 225/55/17 size. Plenty for sale on ebay in 19 & 20” but nothing in 17” unless I order from Germany.
If anybody is selling a set, give me a shout.

Attachments

• 318B8C39-14C0-4D60-B523-C9F803FB2AE6.jpeg
    318B8C39-14C0-4D60-B523-C9F803FB2AE6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Seldom drive the ML but still like to keep it clean.

RchdO14l.jpg

CV27lQil.jpg

QsJPFbml.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom