What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Under bonnet clean on mine. Not that it's really been anywhere to get dirty but it was starting to look a bit jaded so it was out with the Aerospace 303 for the plastics and Gyeon QD for the paintwork. The C-Tek lives there by the way, been there a while now and not going anywhere for a while unfortunately.

View attachment 115024

Only just started with the Gyeon on a suggestion from the helpful folk at CleanYourCar and I must admit to being impressed with it so far. It's recommended for ceramic coatings, which this one has, and also good on the other stuff I've tried it on so far.
I would have taken a picture of the engine bay on mine after its clean up, but TBH, you'd be hard pushed to see the engine in a C180

Seldom drive the ML but still like to keep it clean.

RchdO14l.jpg

CV27lQil.jpg

QsJPFbml.jpg
Handsome car. Nice to see lots of Mercedes in the reflections too! 👌🏻

Well, today I’m going to order whatever the best dashcam is.

Attachments

• 9935E19A-E7F6-464F-BC41-43073C157243.jpeg
    9935E19A-E7F6-464F-BC41-43073C157243.jpeg
    448.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 9E667FC6-9045-410A-8EAC-12D73AC25461.jpeg
    9E667FC6-9045-410A-8EAC-12D73AC25461.jpeg
    415.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 1E076881-8183-4050-9051-686B043B684F.jpeg
    1E076881-8183-4050-9051-686B043B684F.jpeg
    525.2 KB · Views: 32
fixed the high level brake light..64596077849__15580A66-2CDE-4F1A-B403-663D3593CCE5_adobespark (1).jpg64596277099__E9CB59EB-5D0C-444F-9CFC-90B670212F51_adobespark (1).jpg

Well, today I’m going to order whatever the best dashcam is.
Absolutely sickening isn’t it. This is always my worry. I once watched a sprinter van scrape a car on the Trafford centre carpark and the driver couldn’t have cared less. He moved a couple of slots away after damaging the car, parked up, then got out and he and his passenger seemingly found the incident amusing, whilst walking off nonchalantly.

I waited a while hoping the owner of the car would return, as my dash cam would have picked up the incident and I took down the van reg no., but the owner didn’t return and I had to go, so I left a note (discreetly placed), explaining that I had witnessed a vehicle scraping their car, giving them the reg no and my phone number in case they wanted the footage.

Never heard anything but I did my bit.

I hope you get it sorted.

Today the dragy turned up, i been meaning to buy one for about a year now 🙈 interested to see what improvements i make over stock as the car progresses so seemed a no brainer to have one in the glovebox.

Drove 300 miles from North Wales , through heavy rain showers . Does anyone know how to remove the Angel Vision H2GO from the front screen ? It worked well as a water repellent coating at motorway speeds , but when you slowed down and used the wipers to keep the glass clear there was a judder, by the time I got home mother of God was it juddering !

Yesterday I hand washed the Merc and my wife's Fiat 500 and hoovered them both out. Both badly needed it. V satisfying.

Today I gave the wheels a quick wipe down and stuck on some tyre dressing. Cleaned & re-fitted the boot liner. Cleaned all the glass & hoovered the carpets. Next up, fitting the roof bars & bike racks. Off for a week in the country shortly.

It went in to MB LINCOLN for service excellent customer service back in its bubble now 😁 no jobs picked up on inspection

Had a look at a W164 with a report of "rear light problems".
First thought rear SAM, disconnected battery, had a look at rear SAM and could see some corrosion on top connectors.
Usual stuff when SAM removed and inspected.

20210803_192856.jpg

Replacement SAM going to be needed I think.

Rear SAM for the W164 was too far gone.

Ordered new SAM from MB Newcastle.

Got a text from MB Poole inviting me to book the car in for its annual service and MOT.
They are a bit keen seeing the last service with them was mid Sept last year. MOT done elsewhere.

Got a text from MB Poole inviting me to book the car in for its annual service and MOT.
They are a bit keen seeing the last service with them was mid Sept last year. MOT done elsewhere.
The exact thing happened with us Roger. MB Carlisle been hounding us with texts, emails and phone calls. Had the MOT & service done yesterday at my usual indie in Carlisle. Car was collected & dropped off. Great service for half the price. (£260) 🙏🥳👏🕺🥳

Removed the rear under-tray to help me tidy some bits and pieces up. Mercedes in their infinite wisdom decided that three different types of fastener were required to hold a piece of plastic on. More an inconvenience than anything having to keep getting up to find the correct tool for the job. Ah well, now done and looking better for it.

Tray removed and dirty bits on show: -

NS B4 Clean.jpg

Tray cleaned and replaced with rest of dirty bits a bit cleaner: -

NS With Tray.jpg

I've since done a lot more to it and will be carrying on later today, hopefully concentrating a bit more on the front end this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom