• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

I was playing with my R129, and fixed the AC Just in time for the crappy weather ---_----

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Gave the van a ruddy good clean today. It’s gone from looking like a dirty off roader to a garage king. 🥳

Also ordered:
  • Upgraded horn. (Because original is sh!te)
  • Upgraded speakers. (Because originals are Sh!te)
  • Shark fin DAB/FM Ariel (because original is sh!te)

Gave the van a ruddy good clean today. It’s gone from looking like a dirty off roader to a garage king. 🥳

Also ordered:
Be careful with the Shark fin. Are You sure the DAB/FM is up there ? When I did my audio upgrade the only thing the fin handled was the hands free.

Be careful with the Shark fin. Are You sure the DAB/FM is up there ? When I did my audio upgrade the only thing the fin handled was the hands free.
I hope so buddy. 3 cables, DAB, FM & power. 🤞

The existing Ariel is built into screen. It’s absolutely sh!t. Constantly losing signal on every journey. 🤬

Looking good. The weather here has been shocking today and yesterday so you lucked out.
Thank you, very kind of you to say. The weather has indeed been a shocker so I’m glad I left that one at home today or else it would have been filthy again immediately.

We needed a car with a tow bar 250 miles from home and had to be there by 1000, so we took the black car’s dirtier older sister. Here she is half way there at 0800 this morning - up at 0415!

1725738323433.jpeg

She’s been retired from active service for 5 years or so now, and hasn’t towed since 2015, but she hasn’t lost it - she towed beautifully. Such a wonderful car, great platform and legendary engine.

She only really goes out to play in the winter and so she wears her winter wheels and tyres all year round these days. In the last few Summers I’ve taken her down to Devon to see the sea.

She’s off for a deep clean and protection on the underside in the not too distant future. Last done five years ago so probably due now. I do like to look after her - such a special car.

We needed a car with a tow bar 250 miles from home and had to be there by 1000, so we took the black car’s dirtier older sister. Here she is half way there at 0800 this morning - up at 0415!

View attachment 160893

She’s been retired from active service for 5 years or so now, and hasn’t towed since 2015, but she hasn’t lost it - she towed beautifully. Such a wonderful car, great platform and legendary engine.

She only really goes out to play in the winter and so she wears her winter wheels and tyres all year round these days. In the last few Summers I’ve taken her down to Devon to see the sea.

She’s off for a deep clean and protection on the underside in the not too distant future. Last done five years ago so probably due now. I do like to look after her - such a special car.
Is she still up for sale Rob? (wink wink) 🫣

Is she still up for sale Rob? (wink wink) 🫣

View attachment 160894

Only if the boss asks.​

For those who don’t know, around 5 years ago Mrs D said that a car would have to go if I wanted to buy another (and I did) so it’s been for sale ever since. I may have bought a few 👀 more since then so I think I could take this one of the market and get away with it. Sorry if you’re one of the people who called and I haven’t made it to the phone in time 😀

For those who don’t know, around 5 years ago Mrs D said that a car would have to go if I wanted to buy another (and I did) so it’s been for sale ever since. I may have bought a few 👀 more since then so I think I could take this one of the market and get away with it. Sorry if you’re one of the people who called and I haven’t made it to the phone in time 😀
Does the lovely Mrs D know the £93,495.00 ovno asking price?

View attachment 160893

Nothing to beat an older dirty sister......;):cool:

Also ordered:
Which speaker brand are you going for Ant, and are they like for like?

I hope so buddy. 3 cables, DAB, FM & power. 🤞

The existing Ariel is built into screen. It’s absolutely sh!t. Constantly losing signal on every journey. 🤬

If you are fitting it yourself the Fakra cables that run to the HU can be a bit of a pain. My set up has DAB/FM/AM/GPS + Ghost power for the amplified signal. This is all in the fin, reception is spot on the GPS in central London works like a charm with no drop out.

Today I reset the service indicator on the W203 C200.

Also replaced the batteries in both sets of car keys - Both 2 x CR2025
- the W211 E280cdi estate
- the W203 C200 Kompressor SE Coupe

That should keep them quiet for a while

If you are fitting it yourself the Fakra cables that run to the HU can be a bit of a pain. My set up has DAB/FM/AM/GPS + Ghost power for the amplified signal. This is all in the fin, reception is spot on the GPS in central London works like a charm with no drop out.
May I ask for a link for the Ariel you bought? What vehicle was it fitted to?

TIA.

Users who are viewing this thread

• como
Back
Top Bottom