What sort of people drive a Merc ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Right then. Since we are all in IT - let's get a skills/role list together and start some stuff on the side!

Well if all you IT people are going to brag let me poke in my qualifications before you start

M.I.S.M
M.I.Diog.E
M.I.R.T.E
A.Weld.I.

Originally posted by scotth_uk
Right then. Since we are all in IT - let's get a skills/role list together and start some stuff on the side!

Unix, MacOS, TCP/IP, Network infrastructure.

Doesn't know a damn thing about MS Office and hates XP with a passion.

--
Antony

married
2 rugrats still at school
civil servant
40% tax bracket :crazy:

Have always aspired to the MB brand, and now finally treated myself to the best looking C220 CDI you ever did see :bannana: :bannana:

Male
Single
Chemical Engineer
£Not Enough

S.

Age = 47 & married

Kids =3 (1 in army just back from Iraq but stationed in Germany, 1 at uni, 1 working & still at home)

Work = Best not say - you may get nasty :)

Wages = Dunno the wife takes it all

Age 43

Married

2 kids, girls, 13 & 11

Work - Chief engineer at large lead smelter in Derbyshire

Income - barely enough to pay ridiculous MB stealer service costs

Qualifications - 25m breast stroke; cycling proficiency test; basic MS-DOS users certificate. Oh yes, I nearly forgot, BSc electronics/electrical engineering & chartered engineer.

Interesting facts - gave up lifelong love of motorcycling in Sept 2000 when some **** broadsided me at high speed & nearly killed me. Multiple fractures. Decided my desire to live to the age of 70 was stronger than my desire to carry on motorcycling......

Paul G

[Interesting facts - gave up lifelong love of motorcycling in Sept 2000 when some **** broadsided me at high speed & nearly killed me. Multiple fractures. Decided my desire to live to the age of 70 was stronger than my desire to carry on motorcycling......]

I know exactly what you mean, I gave up bikes a few months ago, toooooooo many people I knew getting killed, may have an off roader at some point but do not want a road bike again.

Originally posted by scotth_uk

Age 31

Married, no kids

Technical Architect (IT bloke, basically)

£ Never enough...not until I can afford a SL55 anyway!

Skills / Qualifications:

Getting those around me at work to make me look good
Always saying 'yes' to the boss
Knowing when to duck
MCSE NT3.51 / NT4 / W2k
CNE Netware 5

Nearly forgot to answer myself.....

CCNA, MCP, CCNP amongst others. Technical project manager for largest global financial service provider.

qualifications

ohh, if people wanna know what I'm qualified in:

BSc Computer Science (Salford University, Graduated 2000)
CLP Notes/Domino 5 Administration (this has some silly new IBM name now but I've forgotten it!)

over 3 years experience in various different IT fields but mainly 2nd line Lotus Notes support etc.

Anyone wanna offer me a job? :) ...seriously :)

Originally posted by Maff
Male
Single-ish
Telecomunications and Internet Industry

Edited to include my qualifications:

None!

(got a D in A-Level computing, and failed to finish Engineering course at college) I did go on a Lotus Notes course once, does that count??!

Originally posted by manpolsabre
Age = 47 & married

Kids =3 (1 in army just back from Iraq but stationed in Germany, 1 at uni, 1 working & still at home)

Work = Best not say - you may get nasty :)

Wages = Dunno the wife takes it all

whats it worth to keep quiet Bob? :D

Originally posted by Ian B Walker
whats it worth to keep quiet Bob? :D

Ian,

:D LOL would you spill the beans to Bob's wife about his earnings or to us about Bob's profession? :p

S.

Ian,

You wouldn't spill the beans would you? Its not my fault I was young and daft (perhaps still am) when I started this line of work.

If anyone can guess what I do I will own up to it!:D

Bob

Small World

Shude,

Small world, I used to go to Salford College on Broad St many years ago, and worked for many years close to the Uni.

I'm a Salford lad now living in Tyldesley.

Where in Manchester are you?

Bob

Originally posted by Steve_Perry
Ian,

:D LOL would you spill the beans to Bob's wife about his earnings or to us about Bob's profession? :p

S.

My lips are sealed, Bob made me an offer I could not refuse. (never met Bobs wife and i dont know what (..............?) earn)

Re: Small World

Originally posted by manpolsabre
Shude,

Small world, I used to go to Salford College on Broad St many years ago, and worked for many years close to the Uni.

I'm a Salford lad now living in Tyldesley.

Where in Manchester are you?

Bob

I went to Salford Uni, graduated in 1996!

Bob - its obviously something very annoying . . . . let me guess . . you compose the ring-tones for mobile phones ?

..... wait a minute - you're not a Traffic Warden are you ?

Estate Agent ?

OK - I GIVE UP !

S.

**EDIT....apologies to any Traffic Wardens or Estate Agents (and of course mobile phone software developers!)who may be browsing !! **

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom