• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Xenon HID conversion kit (Group Buy)

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

Following from this thread http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=63621

There could be a few members interested in a group buy for these kits.

They seem easy to fit and come with everything needed,

Price are (this is what they sent me)

Yes we would still allow you to choose any colour and size. (Except for H4 Dual beam, this is slightly more)
The GB prices would be as follows:

10 Members = £65 delivered
15 members = £55 delivered
20 members = £50 delivered.

All our designed to work with the canbus system of all mercedes so no errors will occur.

So if you would be interested please post.

Please leave discussing if these are legal, do we need headlamp wash wipe etc to the other thread. It does seem its a grey area?

This is just for people to say they would be interested in a set at a group discount.

If we get enough takers I will then look at how we actually sort the deal out :)

So far this is the list, copy and paste and add your name & light type.

Xenon HID Group Buy

1) A210AMG (H7)

Xenon HID Group Buy

1) A210AMG (H7)
2) Proser
3) Stevesey (H7)
4) Desilva (H7)

:rolleyes: sorry not sure what you mean?

I could just by a pair for myself and leave everyone else to do the same?

Surely getting a group dsicount is better for all interested?

I don't know the seller from adam and I'm not making anything on it??

Surely getting a group dsicount is better for all interested?

absolutely, especially in today's economic downturn where everyone is trying to save money.

If people want a set then put your name down, if not then don't bother replying as already mentioned:

A210AMG said:
Please leave discussing if these are legal, do we need headlamp wash wipe etc to the other thread. It does seem its a grey area?

Xenon HID Group Buy

1) A210AMG (H7)
2) Proser (H7)
3) Stevesey (H7)
4) Desilva (H7)

just to include the bulb type wanted. :p

:rolleyes: sorry not sure what you mean?

Simply that it isn't a grey area. Technically they are illegal but with proper lenses, self levelling and washers they will be permitted as they then act the same as OEM fitment.
Are you getting all that for your £65.

Rage can you book DM in at the opticians when you are there. :D :D

I'm only blind due to being dazzled by stupid illegal HID lamps, and anyway physical blindness can be dealt with easily, but mental is more difficult...;)

Anyone want a bucket of sand..??

Asking for threads to be ignored because they relate to illegal mods isn't sensible.
What if a member was unaware of that and recieved a ticket as a result.

Last edited:
Mine don't dazzle people , the beam pattern is the same , it passed the MOT ...

Mine don't dazzle people , the beam pattern is the same , it passed the MOT ...
You think..;)

The pattern will be the same as that's created by the lens. Due to the fillament being at a different focal point there will be a lot of stray light, that is what dazzles.

Diesalman,

I was going to send you a pm or discuss this on the other thread as I mentioned but what the heck you seem to just want to draw it out?

OK yes I asked people to discuss the legality on the other thread and keep this one just to the group buy. THATS not being irresponsible? I even posted the LINK and mentioned the fact its a grey area and to Discuss the Legal implications, Anyone looking at buying these will do their reseach and probably would have seen the other thread anyway as thats how this one started.

I'm sorry your dazzled by stupid HID lights, I myself have never had a problem and only find it maginaly annoying when on a country lane the oncoming car is a bit late at taking it off main beam.

If you don't like them fine, if they are illegal fine, but please don't say I've been trying to ignore the topic or legality issues of these lights. Also that I am not sensible.

With Hindsight I should have just bought a set for myself and not gone to any trouble of offering a group buy.

Sorry to go off on one, and you don't know me from adam either but it takes a LOT to actually wind me up.

Thanks

Honestly, i was paranoid about this myself when i first got them ...

I have walked around the front of the car , approached it from every angle and at different distances , walking backwards away from it and walking towards it , there's no stray dazzles ....

The bulb ignites in the centre of the glass tube , in the same place as the filament in a halogen bulb. The light comes out in 360 degrees , same as a halogen tube , and is reflected by the reflector out through the pattern on the lense.

I'm not trying to create an argument , yes, from the letter of the law , they are illegal , but the law is dated 2006 , and the kits have moved on from then.

A210, sounds great and I'm potentially very interested but want to do a bit of homework around them over the next 24 hours. I hope that's all ok ?

Hopefully you'll see my name added to that list shortly. Thanks so much for helping to orgaise this, I think its fair to say we are all grown ups capable of making informed decisions regardless of what others opinions seem to be !

Thanks,

Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom