Yorkshire YOMP 2012 - Driving Tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Steve, we will probably arrive at Ladybower mid afternoon and intend to have a run up along Derwent and Howden reservoirs to take a few pics.
Don't know how this fits with your timetable. I've got your mobile number so may give you a quick buzz in the afternoon to see where you are.

Brian.:thumb::thumb:

That could work, I aim for a mid afternoon to late afternoon arrival....

Rather than driving, I would get down the caverns and mines if early enough. You are only a mile away from Speedwell and Blue John.

Have been down most of them on previous visits, along with Wynatts pass and Mam Tor ( on foot!! ):):)

We are on our way.
Weather looks brilliant and motorways seem clear apart from a 50mph limit on 15 miles of the M1.

Possible No show due to Robbery

Hi All

As some of you know our MOT garage and Motorsport business has suffered a break in and extensive robbery and we have lost hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of kit. The robbers cut a 10 x 6 hole in the main door and reinforcing and were in and out in less than 10 minutes with all the diagnostic kit, snap on tool boxes, computers parts stock etc.. so today is a nightmare I have the police to deal with, the insurance company not to mention trying to contact suppliers and friends in the trade to lend us kit to get us operational again.

As some of you know this is a family business with my two brother in laws working there full time and I'm sure you will appreciate that at this time I need to focus my attention on the family and get us back into normal operation as fast as we can so at least they can earn a living. this may mean I will miss tomorrows YOMP which will be a bit embarrassing as I arranged it :eek: However I have been in touch with *** and he has the route and has offered to take the lead if I cant make it, Timskemp and Corned also have the route as I'm sure many of you do from the previous post and its an easy drive.

In case I am not there please accept my sincere apologies for letting you down but you will be in capable hands with *** and I'm sure you can appreciate where my priorities lay at the moment.

With kindest regards
Ian

sorry to hear about the robbery Ian.

Hope they catch the robbers, and that the insurance covers the losses.

any CCTV footage?

sorry to hear about the robbery Ian.

Hope they catch the robbers, and that the insurance covers the losses.

any CCTV footage?

Many thanks

Insurance will cover the losses I've been dealing with the loss adjuster and they being very fair.

Only initial CCTV coverage when they broke into the yard then it stops as they take out the camera :mad:

Hi guys.

I have just noticed what looks like a small anomaly on the route. East of Thirsk, on the A170, the route appears to do a U-turn and go back a few miles, perform a loop around a village, and then return to travelling east on the A170, back past the place where the route did a U-turn.

I take it this can be ignored on the day? Or is the loop itself part of the deal?

In case I am not there please accept my sincere apologies for letting you down but you will be in capable hands with *** and I'm sure you can appreciate where my priorities lay at the moment.

I've been the victim of a break-in myself so you have my complete sympathy - I hope there is a satisfactory outcome.

Realistically I will be at the Yorkshire bridge hotel around 8.30..
I am staying 30 mile from there and I am NOT missing my Brekky !!:p

See you tomorrow.

sorry to hear it Ian.

Ian- bad news there for you, but on the bright side no one injured, and we all live to fight another day. Hopefully they will find the culprits and bring them to justice (after they've bumped their heads getting into the police van, stumbled getting out of it, fallen up the steps to the station and fallen down the stairs to the cells a few times, maybe getting tasered for resisting as well)

All- I'm intending to be at the start in good time, my car got back from the bodyshop yesterday and I've had a quick shakedown run already and am ready to cruise and photograph!

bej d-18 ***
have a good day tomorrow,
cheers
emotion-22.gif

Ian- bad news there for you, but on the bright side no one injured, and we all live to fight another day. Hopefully they will find the culprits and bring them to justice (after they've bumped their heads getting into the police van, stumbled getting out of it, fallen up the steps to the station and fallen down the stairs to the cells a few times, maybe getting tasered for resisting as well)

I knew you'd gone soft in your old age...flippin' PC do-gooder...

What a day out. Superb day not just in terms of the weather. Ian it wasnt the same without you but it was damned good and I really appreciate the organising the route which gave us a brilliant day out. It's a shame criminal scum have damaged your business and I hope you get all sorted.

The food, chat and driving were all top drawer. The shed was epic on her new set up and havi g Tim upfront is a good exercise in how fast can you go as Tim is the stig. I'm badly sunburnt but that's my fault. Pics to follow.

trapperjohn said:
Steve your motor sounded like a TIE Fighter and it rocked my 210 as you had a wee morning run out at around 7:20am this morning.

Busted fella.

12 Seconds in should be your new "ringtone"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkHdgMOuuBs

I had to show Tim my 7g jolt in which he said oh they all do that.

But then the suspension set up needed erm demonstrated and we were going quite fast mate, very actually but it's brilliant

I had to show Tim my 7g jolt in which he said oh they all do that.

But then the suspension set up needed erm demonstrated and we were going quite fast mate, very actually but it's brilliant

Looked like around 69MPH to me or therabouts.

trapperjohn said:
Looked like around 69MPH to me or therabouts.

It did a very healthy 25mpg...

Really good for a 3litre car bumbling along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom