190E Engine Swapping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merc-Cymru

Car
'93 190E
does anyone know anything about replacing the 2.0 engine in a 190E with say a 2.0 190 diesel engine or is it even possible to fit something bigger?

Anythings possible :) - After all there are a few 5.0 V8 190's around - but without being too picky - If you need to ask then its probably too much work for you.

As the 190's were fitted with engines up to 2.6litres, then these would be the easiest swaps. In an ideal world you need a complete damaged donor car and have the two cars side by side - then move the parts over one at a time until its done. This save lots of frustration going to buy individual parts at extortionate prices! - whatever is left of the donor car after the swap - can be sold off on ebay !

If the 2.6 190 uses a 6 cyl M103 engine then by my reckoning it uses basically the same block as the 3.0 M103 - which in turn uses basically the same block as the 300-24v - so theoretically it should be possible to drop a 300-24v into a 190 with moderate ease - providing you had a 2.6 to start with!

Mark

Champion Modder :)

keep your eyes open for a green c230k with 137k on the clock, FMBSH and a carter protection plate under the engine. That was a quality engine I can tell you and it should drop straight into a 190e ;)

I know a few people that have swapped a 3.0 M103 engine into 190Es. It's a pretty easy swap.

Regards,

Don

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom