• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Angel Tuning Remapping - Saturday 8th May or Saturday 5th June at Banbury

1) Adam Bayne - C180K (Confirmed / deposit paid)
2) Zenman63 - 115 Vito
3) ANO - CL500
4) LouFer - C270
5) V6Conv - W203 C220 CDi (confirmed / deposit paid)
6) MrMotul - S210 E55 (Confirmed / Deposit Paid)
7) ca-uk - E320 CDI (Confirmed / Deposit Paid)
8) Angri - CLK 320 (2001) (Confirmed / deposit paid)
10) misfire84 - C32 (AMG?)
11) jasohal - W245 B200 CDI ( Confirmed / Deposit paid )
12) Kevin_M55 - W203 C220 CDI (confirmed / deposit paid)
13) Dave 111 Vito
14) Matt's Dad - W211 E320 CDI (Confirmed / deposit paid)
15) s2vto vito 109 (Confirmed / deposit paid)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

Hi all. If anyone fancies popping over in the afternoon, we still have a few slots left, so give us a call in the morning on 0844 414 5704 and we will book you in.
Thanks
Gama

Just got back from Gama, and I’m really pleased. It was a 250 mile round trip, and on the drive home, I could really notice the difference. Pulling away from a complete stop seems faster, and the most noticeable improvement was the pull from 60/70mph when sitting behind some numpty in the fast lane - it pulls like a train, and doesn’t want to stop!:D

The traffic was much heavier on the way home, so it was a lot of slowing down and speeding up, compared to open roads in the morning. The fuel showed 34.7 mpg when I arrived at Gama (reset when I left home) and I then reset it before I headed home - when I got home it showed 37.8mpg and showed an average speed of 68 mph over 124 miles.

All the guys at Gama and Angel were great, and really knew their stuff. They had some nice cars there, and took the time to show us a couple.:cool:

Thanks Gama, and Angel - it was nice to see you all, and I can’t believe the value for money for such an improvement. I’ll be back with some other cars!

Last edited:
Also reporting back on the Gama & Angel tuning day. Too early to measure any mpg improvement but the difference in the C220 cdi is astonishing! :thumb: :thumb: It just doesn't want to stop pulling. Uphill acceleration on a dual carriageway was effortless. :bannana:

As others have done after previous days, I'm going to do a couple of brim to brim checks to confirm the electronic mpg system so I'm hoping for some improvement there. Will post some information later.

The V8 BMW and the Jensen were very tuneful .... just the right engine notes. Many thanks to Gama and Angel for another good day.

Thanks to the boys at Gama Motorsport and also Angel Tuning, I was first "To be done" and it was appreciated. Nice to meet you Jasohal. Sorry I didnt have time to stop and talk to you and others arriving, only, I am playing house Doctor at the moment!

Can't say I noticed any difference between before and after, but I have been told that it may take some time, but for £117.50 I am happy to have had it done and would do so again on my next car, even if I feel no difference in my S210 E55, after all, how much of the power can you use on our already overcrowded roads! What they told me the difference would be, I am more than happy with,

Once again,

Thanks Boys,

Regards

Terry.

Last edited:
1) Adam Bayne - C180K (Confirmed / deposit paid)
2) Zenman63 - 115 Vito
3) ANO - CL500
4) LouFer - C270
5) V6Conv - W203 C220 CDi (confirmed / deposit paid)
6) MrMotul - S210 E55 Paid/Done/Well Pleased:D
7) ca-uk - E320 CDI (Confirmed / Deposit Paid)
8) Angri - CLK 320 (2001) (Confirmed / deposit paid)
10) misfire84 - C32 (AMG?)
11) jasohal - W245 B200 CDI ( Confirmed / Deposit paid )
12) Kevin_M55 - W203 C220 CDI (confirmed / deposit paid)
13) Dave 111 Vito
14) Matt's Dad - W211 E320 CDI (Confirmed / deposit paid)
15) s2vto vito 109 (Confirmed / deposit paid)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

Thankyou guys for all of your feedback! It is greatly appreciated and another big thankyou to you all for making the effort to travel to Banbury for yet another great tuning day!

Had the Vito done, definitely an improvement on power. Very pleased with the result.

A BIG Thank You to the staff there... and we managed to exchange Welsh and English banter which was great :D

Another happy customer

Wellllll

Serious thanks to Matthew and the team at Gama Motorsport.

Efficient, courteous and workmanlike - the team clearly know what they are doing - and have no trouble in doing it!!!

the performance of my CLK 320 is very much crisper, thank you - with a noticeable improvement in torque and acceleration.

(It was good to meet fellow MB Club members Phil and Dave- - - - and trust the A Class was sorted as brilliantly as mine . . . . . :D)

Glad you got back ok s2vto - eventually :)

Thanks to Gama and Angel - the Jensen is definately on my lotto win list now - would like one for cruising round monaco or somewhere flashy :) I'll likely have a tuned 500 too ;)

I haven't really noticed a difference with mine - though to be fair i don't drive with a heavy foot - when they took me for a spin then that's likely the fastest my car will get driven! I did have to overtake on the back roads, i'd say third gear feels strong, seems a bit flat at the top of 2nd but i don't really know what it was like before :)

MPG wise it hasn't made a difference (on the motorway at least) - my MPG on the way to banbury was 42.5 (reset when joining the motorway, taken on leaving the motorway - average speed of 69mph. On the way back, MPG of 41.9, average speed of 70mph.

Same as with the other guys though, for £100 + VAT then i was happy to give it a try.

Matt's dad - what temperature is your engine getting to? Your MPG looks similar to mine before Olly changed the thermostat..

Last edited:
Has anyone experienced slight deterioration in idling when cold. Since mine got a remap it doesn't seem quite as smooth as before(Although I've also had a MAF change which may have affected it as well). It's fine once temp it above 1/4, could be my imagination of course...(for info, CLK55 AMG). It's not stalling or anything like that just when its warm it feels so much better

Matt's dad - what temperature is your engine getting to? Your MPG looks similar to mine before Olly changed the thermostat..

To be honest, I don’t know - I think the gauge shows about 80, but I’ll check next time I prise it off the Wife.

It wasn’t bad MPG for the speed we’d done there and back, and I did give it a couple of full speed blasts to clear it out, and for comparison before and after.

What is the correct temperature meant to show on the dash?

My Wife called me this morning, after she’d completed the school run and drive to work - she said it went like a rocket!:D

They did give my MAS/MAF sensor a clean with some spray, so that may be why we are noticing a big difference in mid range pull?

Mine was rarely > 80 before the thermostat - it only went above 80 about once in a traffic jam.

Post thermostat change then it's more like > 90 a lot of the time - and boosted the MPG a fair bit and the engine gets warm quicker.

My vito is definitely smoother and quicker...

Some guy annoyed me and I floored it in 3rd on a steep hill and the wheels were spinning!!! lol

Not sure about mpg as been having too much fun....

will fill tank and see what it does!

Everything seems fine... idling etc etc

Has anyone experienced slight deterioration in idling when cold. Since mine got a remap it doesn't seem quite as smooth as before(Although I've also had a MAF change which may have affected it as well). It's fine once temp it above 1/4, could be my imagination of course...(for info, CLK55 AMG). It's not stalling or anything like that just when its warm it feels so much better
I agree - same issue with mine..!!!

I agree - same issue with mine..!!!

That's good then, at least it's consistent with our engines. I think it uses a default map until the MAF kicks in when warmed up a little. I guess the default map applied is not quite as smooth as the original one. I wonder if Angel need to look at that and maybe adjust slightly for future reference. How's your MPG going Harry, is it still good.

Good to meet everyone on saturday, especially Mssrs Angri and S2VTO. I also had a great time there, going out for a good run in the Jensen, what a car.

Have to echo what S2VTO has said, the performance has increased dramatically, I fully expect my bill for tyres to increase though. The smile it now puts on my face will make that a bill worth paying.

I doubt I'll notice any economical benefits, it's just too tempting to put my foot down now.

Great day all round, well worth the cost, must be the cheapest way of getting this done.

Thanks to all at Gama and Angel Tuning, can't compliment you guys enough.

So whos going to sort one out in the north like sheffield or leeds, I am sure there will be more then 15 people if you do one here as we are tight and like a good bargain here

Hi all, I would be interested in having my C220 CDI W203 done, mainly for MPG improvements but seem to read mixed comments, can anyone confimr any improvements on MPG that have had this done? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom