Anybody else sick of the TV coverage of the royal wedding already?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ended up watching it with SWMBO , the bit with the American preacher was too much for me , but the rest watchable .
Notably , in the roads around Windsor , I have yet to spot even one pothole .

the bit with the American preacher was too much for me.

We thought he was fantastic & fun. He spoke with passion and enthusiasm and should have carried out the whole service.

Agree with Darrell. The whole of Windsor looks fab. I think the Americans think the whole of Briton looks like that!

Banner of the day in the crowd: “I Married A Ginger Too!” :D

Beautiful day here. Not a cloud in the sky. BBQ and Presecco time. :banana:

We thought he was fantastic & fun. He spoke with passion and enthusiasm and should have carried out the whole service.

Agree with Darrell. The whole of Windsor looks fab. I think the Americans think the whole of Briton looks like that!

Banner of the day in the crowd: “I Married A Ginger Too!” :D

I don't watch terrestrial TV so no, it doesn't bother me.

The American Episcopal preacher was a very good orator, at least he had some sense of passion about the subject, and linked it to how we (as a species) should go forward.

Now just imagine how much life would be if next time you got your car serviced/repaired, that love, was the main driver of the transaction?

(And I don’t mean in an ‘oooh matron’ kinda way :) )

The man made a great point, and when you have 2billion people listening, seize the opportunity!

Compare and contrast to the dry and dusty wordage of the the rest...who remembers exactly what they were saying?

Ps I’m not religious.

The American Episcopal preacher was a very good orator, at least he had some sense of passion about the subject, and linked it to how we (as a species) should go forward.

Now just imagine how much life would be if next time you got your car serviced/repaired, that love, was the main driver of the transaction?

(And I don’t mean in an ‘oooh matron’ kinda way :) )

The man made a great point, and when you have 2billion people listening, seize the opportunity!

Compare and contrast to the dry and dusty wordage of the the rest...who remembers exactly what they were saying?

Ps I’m not religious.
He was a very good orator , and clearly had passion .

However , my other half commented towards the end of his piece “he’s been on too long” with which I agreed and confessed that I’d had the same thought ten minutes earlier ; then on speaking to my sister afterwards, she commented that she thought he was terrible and was expecting the Kenny Everett big hands to come out .

So , I conclude that he’s a bit like Marmite.

I just wished to see more of the Queen and less of Holywood celebs.
I did enjoy seeing the various Rolls-Royce Phantoms , and Her Majesty’s Bentley , the latter I have seen up close and in the metal at Balmoral .

The Ascot Landau was rather nice too .

He was a very good orator , and clearly had passion .

However , my other half commented towards the end of his piece “he’s been on too long” with which I agreed and confessed that I’d had the same thought ten minutes earlier ; then on speaking to my sister afterwards, she commented that she thought he was terrible and was expecting the Kenny Everett big hands to come out .

So , I conclude that he’s a bit like Marmite.

That made me laugh. Spot on.

Reactions: 219
The missus has recorded and watched it, then inflicted it on me whilst I was having my lunch, reminded me that it was our 51 1/2 Anniversary !today!

American preacher reminded me of tele-evangelists (we lived across the pond for a bit), so it was muted after the first two minutes.
Apparently he went on for a [second] bottle of rose brut and a half of red (my timekeeping might be slightly off this afternoon).

Reactions: 219
Is it over yet? Please pm me when it is safe to switch on tv and buy a newspaper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom