Detailed the Oil Burner e320 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Put a couple of coats of proper wax/sealant on the wheels. Helps to keep the dirt from sticking to it. Fantastic work by the way, looks properly good. :)

Put a couple of coats of proper wax/sealant on the wheels. Helps to keep the dirt from sticking to it. Fantastic work by the way, looks properly good. :)

Cheers buddy, that was the 1st thing i did when i got them, works a treat ;)

Just thought id write down a list of items and repairs ive done and the cost since buying the s211. I'm fortunate enough my business is replacement vehicle parts but it comes in at around £2,000 and ive done approx 8k in about a year, cheap motoring ;)

Well got a 15.2 @ 90mph at North weald yesturday, felt abit guilty caining the car lol, so did a oil change only covered 2,500 since the last one but she did get some abuse.

The Underside:)

Made a start to clean the underside of the s211 tonight, its my 1st proper go over on the underside of the car.

Treated the Plastic floor covers with GT85 followed by old engine oil as i find this lasts well and once done very easy to keep clean.

Degreased and cleaned the front chassis engine sump and blow by off the intercooler pipes on the whole she's looking presentable.:rock:

View attachment 51367

View attachment 51368

View attachment 51369

Last edited:
I can see this car only going out in the dry. A lot of work going in there only to be ruined by the great British weather:)

I can see this car only going out in the dry. A lot of work going in there only to be ruined by the great British weather:)

LOL i hope not John, ive a 1,200 mile trip to do in her August, Winter months.... well thats what the van n wifes car is for lol:rolleyes:

A little update

Well as promised my new key turned up and after much worrying lol it all works fine phew!!!:rock:

View attachment 51715

Such a relief having that back up of a 2nd key lol, not to mention the car is more complete too. :)

Last edited:
2wks away from Driving to Austria, treated her to a new Main battery, 019 AGM Bosch unit and a trickle charger for the winter, also cleaned the inside of the rear number plate holder's as they had little flaky milky bits in now much better :)

Small update

Not much going on just latly just more fetling, Found out she achieve a better Mpg and alot less smoke on Shell V Diesel, had the OBC register 62.9mpg absolute best over 48 miles at 50mph ave.

She was kindly voted Best at the recent Show n Shine kindly arranged by Benzworx which was a nice suprise.

Been pointlessly cleaning the front end ready for our European drive down to Austria Friday and generally going over her making sure she's in tip top order for the drive.

View attachment 52586

View attachment 52587

View attachment 52588

Last edited:
Austria Completed 21-8-2015

2nd honeymoon trip completed, Couldnt have done it without the Satnav was perfect through the whole trip :)

Weather was a cracking 33 degrees, stunning roads and cracking speeds upto 145mph where permitted surprising a bmw 6 series and a Golf R estate lol

Just turned 90k miles and she covered the 1,800 miles in 4 days, the car runs even smoother now and doesnt puff soot on hard acceleration :rock:

The Slight rumble which had me worried turned out tobe the nsf and osf tyres (Maxxis) which were out of shape on the inside edge, putting them to rear solved the noise issue so a alignment check will be done.:thumb:

Absolutly stunning car, 600miles from the Hoek v Holland to Saalbach on a tank of Derv 43mpg at Autobahn speeds mostly in cruise control. Wasnt tired at all i so love these s211's anyway here's a couple of pics including the 2nd love of my life lol:D

View attachment 52911

View attachment 52913

View attachment 52914

Last edited:
Made a start to clean the underside of the s211 tonight, its my 1st proper go over on the underside of the car.

Treated the Plastic floor covers with GT85 followed by old engine oil as i find this lasts well and once done very easy to keep clean.

Degreased and cleaned the front chassis engine sump and blow by off the intercooler pipes on the whole she's looking presentable.:rock:

View attachment 51367

View attachment 51368

View attachment 51369

That steering rack could do with a good polishing :)

Front Bumper Removal for painting

Well its my brithday today 37 deep joy lol, so took the day off to crack on with the car.

Ever since getting the car the front bumper has always let it down due to it being painted badly in the past and stone chips so off it came also gave me a great opotunity to start the detailing behind it.

Jack the car up, took the front wheels off, Forward arch liners and the metal sliding clip the holds the top of the corner bumper to the bottom of the wing by removing the screw at each end.
Then Removed the 8 and 10mm bolts the hold the bumper to the cross member, took the fog light bulbs out of the lower fog lamps and disconnected the air temp sensor in the grille.

The bumper then just slid foward and come off very easily.

Some pic's
View attachment 53219

View attachment 53220

View attachment 53221

Last edited:
Front end clean up

Started the front end clean up now the manky bumper is off lol

1st two pics before i started cleaning the 3rd is after id correctly position the intercooler and polished the front alloy cross member.

Going to take a while but looking much better already.:rock:

View attachment 53222

View attachment 53223

View attachment 53224

Cant wait to get the bumper back from the paint shop :)

Last edited:
Front Suspension and Arches

As above whilst im waiting for the bumper to come back from the Paint shop i continued to clean up the front end.

I fitted a new headlight on the n/s as the old one was faded quite bad and the osf was alot cleaner so looked a little odd.

Also Brushed down the front suspension arm's/hub and splash guards then cleaned everything up and painted it all. Looks really nice under there now shame the arch liner's will cover it all up. :/

View attachment 53411

View attachment 53412

View attachment 53413

Last edited:
Over the Moon!

Well got my Bumper back and fitted it all absolutly cracking job by a friend of mine.
The car simply looks like new, will be getting the rear bumper done in the next few months.

Problem now is that i dont wanna use the car lol:doh:

View attachment 53482

View attachment 53483

View attachment 53484

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom