Do you wash your own car or not

Do you wash your own car or not

• I wash my own car

Votes: 438 82.6%
  • Some one else cleans my car

Votes: 92 17.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have used hand car washes in the past especially when I've got 4x4 very muddy, but after a couple of poor washes I now clean the cars myself. There's a hot/cold hose in the garage along with various brushes, sponges lotions & potions, & a karcher pressure washer, it's quite therapeutic & by the time I'm done I've usually got a cold beer in my hand, that's when the neighbours tend to gather around :-/

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

All my cars are washed and cleaned by Pinnacle Detailing in Witney.

I have neither the time, inclination or skills to get a car looking the way they do.

My E63 was detailed about 2 months ago and looked amazing, but then of course I got it dirty but a regular proper clean by these guys keeps her in tip top condition.

My GTS is always cleaned before she goes back under the car cover although for the winter she will be hibernating and I am debating getting her detailed when she comes out to play next spring......

I do however through water over my day van but I don't care about it as much as I do the cars ;)

Always wash my own cars with sponge and hose. Wheels first. If one of the guys at the car wash drops their sponge in gravel they do not spend much time picking the stones out

Always wash my own cars with sponge and hose. Wheels first. If one of the guys at the car wash drops their sponge in gravel they do not spend much time picking the stones out
What do you do then?

Always wash my own cars, either at the jet wash or at home (depending on how much of a hurry i'm in). Not a huge fan of automatic car washes and I don't really see the value of paying someone to do something that I can do myself with little effort. I did pay for a yard service for a few years because my yard is a real b*ll buster but I decided to do that myself too as I could use the work out.

I usually wash and polish my cars myself (autoglym shampoo and aqua wax)
the windows and mirrors get rainX
the tyres get autoglym instant tyre dressing

there's a bit of grit embedded in the paintwork now so it's time to get the clay bar out

all the above usually result in extended periods in the dog home

Either a M5 or worse still an Audi...like mesen

the odd occasion ill have it washed by someone else but i much prefer to do it myself

After reading a thread today I thought it would be nice to see who cleans there own car and how and who does not and how ....I go to a hand wash /valetting and have a mini valet for £15 and I am all ways happy with job ..how about you guys
I have gotten lazy recently. We have 3 vauxhall (one a show car) on the drive and I have hundreds of squids worth of detailing equipment in the garage but with working long hours it's just so much easier getting them done elsewhere. But there is nothing to beat standing back and admiring a motor you have just finished yourself and thinking I did that!!

I wash my own car , always have done , I actually like doing the job .
My Wife also approves of me washing her car also :thumb:

Finally getting the final details sorted in the redeveloped house.

Spent the last two weeks brining the car back to its former glory and will be hand washing again from now on.

I wash my own car .That way i can see every nick and scratch that shows up .This way i know every little mark thats on my cars bodywork, and i use a dab of the touch up paint , to stop any ingress of water that will eventually turn in ti rust .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom