Do you wash your own car or not

Do you wash your own car or not

• I wash my own car

Votes: 444 82.7%
  • Some one else cleans my car

Votes: 93 17.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i love washing and waxing our w208 and do it once or twice a week but will admit to cheating when the weather is bad i then use waterless wash and wax just spray on and wipe of then just a nice easy polish with cheap polish spray does the trick tho all the hard work with sealanta and hard wax was done in the summer

I always wash my cars, thats what Sundays are for! Car washers never clean under the arches properly! :mad:

I always wash my car till a few months ago was going to a work mates funeral so took it to a Polish hand car wash thinking it would be quicker, after wash they wiped it down dry then spent 5 mins on rear wheel as I was about to get out to ask whats the problem they moved on to other wheels didnt think anything of it till I got out at cemertry and looked, to my suprise and anger the wheels looked like they used sand paper there was no shine just flat silver, after funeral went back up where he said we dont use chemicals after arguing for 30min he agreed to get them resprayed and he will pay, 2days later wheels done struggled to get payment but I did and never going to let anyone wash car again

i would never go to a machine or even hand wash , magic every car ive had im the only 1 whose cleans them , over they ive have a couple of cars with swirls and have had to have them corrected never again

geraldrobins said:
I like to wash our cars as not only is it good exercise but you notice the tyres and bodywork etc. The chat with the neighbours is good as well bit its difficult not to say f--- --f to passers by that say you can do mine next!! Not very original

Or "you missed a spot"

I always wash my car and always will as I am a perfectionist.

Only few places I would take the car too is for a full paid detail at miracle detail or ultimate finish detailers.

But there expensive. But would love to see the difference between my work and there's.

I wash my car too, can't say I'm a perfectionist anymore as I work constantly but I do a half decent job. Snow foam, two bucket method (third for the wheels), pat dry etc.

Last wash of the Merc however, was at a garage using a brush but at least I scratched it to bits myself. Will be going in for a full correction and probably wet sand detail next Spring anyway. :rolleyes:

Detailed my car last year but lately been to hand car washes last two times swirls all over it again look horrid when at filling station last night under bright lights my fault being LAZY

Washed our new car yesterday for 3rd time. Only had it 14 days. :eek:

Our 10 year old daughter did a fine job from start to finish and was a great help.

Ant.

I clean/wash my car at least twice a week and always before I take her out! Occasionally I might let someone else clean her if I don't have the time.

Years back a much cleaner Boxster than mine drove past me in the opposite direction, never again I said to myself! Probably a bit obsessive but when I walk back to my car she needs to be clean! :wallbash:

It keeps me fit and I can't think of anything more worthwhile (car related of course). ;)

I've spent my motoring life on forums (or car club magazines as they used to be) and many, many hours fixing various unreliable cars. Up to my armpits in differentials, Big-ends, suspension parts and other greasy stuff...
It was always good to hear from someone who had completed a particularly arduous engine-out job you were considering, to get some hard-won tips...

But secretly, I've always wanted a car and Forum combo that my only maintenance concern would be "how do I wash it??".

Reading the 112 posts on a thread about car washing, I feel I've finally got there!

Well I have just washed my car,but must admit in the winter I use the hand car wash about 2 miles away,for £6 it is not worth getting cold and wet,also you can eat a hotdog and drink coffee while they do it,always a big plus as SWMBO seems to have me on a permanent diet,I am going to make a big effort this summer to detail the car and get it looking it's best.

Id sooner leave it dirty than let anyone else wash it. Even the dealers got told not to. I just prefer doing it myself. My wife's on the other hand needs biohazard

My car has not been washed since November...looks a bit dirty but not going to lose sleep over it.

Unfortunately down here as I have found since the move there are very, very few hand car washes (I stopped cleaning the car myself after my back injury), I put that down to the fact it appears the Polish/Albanian contingent have not found Cornwall yet, shame really it could do with a bit of a scrape down. :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458674574.737397.jpg

I just enjoy a good foaming

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom