• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Even more new jokes... (No UK Politics or Football please)

I still remember from around 40 years ago an American family sued the manufacturers after the father was electrocuted when the fully extended aluminium ladders he was moving hit an overhead power line. There wasn’t a warning on the ladders to not carry them extended. There always is now!
And the famous incidents with McDonald's apple pie and coffee ("But there wasn't a warning saying they were hot Judge!")

While many complain about life in general and the cost of living, etc. I am sitting on a lovely sofa that costs £3,500, lovely and cool in front of an air-con unit costing £2,300, watching the latest film on a 70" smart TV that costs £4,000 with a sound system that costs over £2,000
Right now, I'm so happy, with no worries and not a care in the world. Not even the staff at John Lewis, who keep asking me to leave, can spoil my day.

If it was, I hope it was a Wetherspoons !
More 'spoons need to be opened to make up for the (approximately) 600 pubs that will close this year , ironically 36 of them are 'spoons.

I too was once very dismissive of Wetherspoons and I have no doubt that there are still many out there that don't deserve a visit but Sir Tim is employing many people and paying a $hit load of tax here in the UK while supplying a service to many. Im not an aficionado of 'spoons but our local one has sorted itself out and is a very pleasant place to visit with decently priced drink.

On the other hand about 7 or 8 local 'country' pubs round our way have sadly shut forever in the last year alone.

1000040446.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom