• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Have You Seen Any Interesting Cars On The Road Lately?

I saw this one last weekend. It was immaculate - i wonder if it might have even had a heritage shell, it almost looked too pristine. My Dad's friend is just finishing his rebuild of a works Cooper - im not sure which one it is. He did have the ex Paddy Hopkirk Tulip Rally winner in his collection but sold it a while back. He also had a couple of works blocks still in their wax paper. I had a ride in the Tulip car, still with all the Halda etc - not massively quick by todays standards but the noise of the straight cut box was sublime.View attachment 147843

View attachment 147844

This one even had Yoko A008 tyres which i remember were always the tyre of choice. Im amazed they still make them.
I have a 1978 mini pickup in my old mans garage which I am in the middle of restoring, almost 4k into it with heritage panels. Not done anything on it for a good while due to funds and time.

I have a 1978 mini pickup in my old mans garage which I am in the middle of restoring, almost 4k into it with heritage panels. Not done anything on it for a good while due to funds and time.
Apparently the earlier Mini's were actually better for rust. The final ones are supposed to be appalling. My SIL has one of the latest Cooper's (not a 500 but just before) and its been horrific for rust. And that's coming from someone who's had Alfasuds in the past! I do love Minis, but never actually had one. I got into Alfa's quite early.

Our company had one, and it's bigger brother.around 1965!I can recall the reg of the 6 pot ,911 CTH🙂

Photos are rubbish but the first one is Saab 9-3x touring. I’m probably wrong but isn’t the x the 4wd version?? Must be rare now.
IMG_2025.jpeg
This is a BMW M4 with a nasty spoiler but it was taken in Green Lanes in North London. If you know the area then you’ll understand.

The pops and bangs from the exhaust was ridiculous.

IMG_2026.jpeg

Photos are rubbish but the first one is Saab 9-3x touring. I’m probably wrong but isn’t the x the 4wd version?? Must be rare now.
View attachment 148489
This is a BMW M4 with a nasty spoiler but it was taken in Green Lanes in North London. If you know the area then you’ll understand.

The pops and bangs from the exhaust was ridiculous.

View attachment 148490
Bet that makes all the difference in the Palmers Green traffic light grand prix🙄

Daughter’s partner has new premises and had an open day today.
He’s bought himself this as a toy, and my granddaughter was happy to show me how to drive it (even though she was in the passenger seat!)View attachment 148486View attachment 148487
Very impressive premises too, judging by that photo. Wishing him the best with his business.

Reactions: Ted
He’s doing pretty well tbh.
Started selling from the house after being made redundant as a car salesman.
Now spent all summer refurbishing these premises. Always has some really nice cars in 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻View attachment 148527
That's not too far from me and I'll be even closer this afternoon when I go Elliott's field for some Christmas shopping.

He’s doing pretty well tbh.
Started selling from the house after being made redundant as a car salesman.
Now spent all summer refurbishing these premises. Always has some really nice cars in 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻View attachment 148527
Looking very professional and wishing him the very best for his venture too. 👍

Last edited:
Ha! Mrs Ted and I are going there later!! 😁😁😁
Just got back home and seen this otherwise I'd have tried to find you and say hello. Happy shopping!

Reactions: Ted
Just got back home and seen this otherwise I'd have tried to find you and say hello. Happy shopping!
Now there's an oxymoron right there!

(I am a lucky man - my wife hates shopping!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom