• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Issue with going to stock from Eurocharged V5 on C63

sp218

Car
C63
Hi all,

Been having problems going to stock using myGenius handheld.

I was trying to switch the car to the original file the other day (1st time since I’ve flashed it to v5). It gave me an option to flash to original, but during the process somehow it failed to complete the flash. The car is still on v5 so tried it to flash again, however the handheld no longer gives me an option to flash to original - just v5 and when I try to flash it with that, the handheld complains that v5 has already been installed. Has anyone had similar experience and is there a solution?

Need to service the vehicle very soon. Emailed Eurocharged UK but haven't got a response yet...

Should I try uploading the V5-Tune-4.MYG again to the handheld from my PC?

I'd call Eurocharged direct without waiting for an email reply.

0203 2907049

Eeek... I have to do this on Sunday for my service...

Please update with your progress..

Have u been in touch with Eurocharged UK?

Why does one need to revert to the OEM flash when having the car serviced?

Presumably this kind of amateur meddling is something which needs to be hidden from the manufacturer.

It's nothing to do with MB finding the map. It's just in case MB flash the Ecu for software updates for example, there have been cases In the past where people have had their maps overwritten with a stock map.

It's nothing to do with MB finding the map. It's just in case MB flash the Ecu for software updates for example, there have been cases In the past where people have had their maps overwritten with a stock map.

If this is the case why not wait until the service has been done and see if the flash has been overwritten and then re-flash the modified version if needed?

If this is the case why not wait until the service has been done and see if the flash has been overwritten and then re-flash the modified version if needed?

Not possible as the handheld is intelligent, It will not allow you to re flash with the modified file if it does not see that you have flashed back to original in the first place. Safest option is do exactly as the OP has tried flash back to stock before any trips to MB then re flash afterwards. In some cases if MB flash the ecu it is best to re download the new original (if possible) to capture the updated files before reloading your modified file

So the handheld doesn't recognise the fact the flash has changed? Does it not interrogate the ECU, see that it doesn't contain the modified file? Not that intelligent then.

So the handheld doesn't recognise the fact the flash has changed? Does it not interrogate the ECU, see that it doesn't contain the modified file? Not that intelligent then.

No I don't think so it only memories the last successful file upload and id. As the stock upload failed it presumes that the last successful upload was the modified file hence it will not upload it again. There must be a way of resetting the sequence memory somehow

What did Eurocharged say? Was talking to them earlier..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom