POSSIBLE group buy :: Quaife ATB LSD for C32 and E55 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yep, the very same car :D

Brands would be good as I can compare the CLK to my old MX-5.

are they still offering a discount for members of this fourum

Bobby Dazzler, can you say anything more about the need for later driveshafts on the early C32 AMGs for Quaife diff? I just got mine and it was first registered in Sept 2003. I'm looking for a Quaife but am alarmed to hear I might need different driveshafts!

Cheers

I'm no expert and I've slept since I did my Google based research, so not much use I'm afraid.

Take a look at a few US forums where this mod is more popular on AMGs - or contact Quaife - I found them most helpful.

If yours is a late 2003 yours is actually a late C32 rather than an early one. You should have the 'clear' bi-xenon headlamps rather than the frosted xenons.

Thanks matey, I'll give Quaife a call. I already called Birds who didn't say anything about driveshafts but I didn't have the chassis number at that point. I'll check my lights in the morning!

In the UK, Quaife will no longer 'directly' supply LSDs for BMW and MB. Must go through their distributor - Birds. Can only mean higher prices.

Hi

It is cheaper to buy from the US then birds as birds are a rip off !

Acid

I was reading in Mercedes Enthusiast of a guy who had a W208 CLK who had his diff sent to Lotus for them to make him a bespoke LSD. It doesnt mention details of who in Lotus does the work.

Hi Dazzler,
Been away for awhile, my C32 has been sitting in the garage for 2 months and has recently been given the opportunity to let loose on some track days in France and Germany.

I did consider the Quaife earlier this year and was planning on it, until change of circumstances and the want to move to the W211 E55/63 wagon. so, my car is for sale.

Anyone interested in a low mileage LHD C43 wagon, 98K km on the clock, with rare Designo two-tone leather and contrast stitching with original 18in AMG IV alloys plus a set of original 17in AMG IV alloys for winter use? Please do contact me.

Quaife is the way to go for outstanding traction. At Le Luc, I kept going sideways and constantly on opposite lock. Only thing is I keep having some vibration under braking even just after some moderate use. Even after changing discs and pad twice (all AMG). Anyone have the same brake problems with C32s?

(Sorry to have robbed the post - moderator, please move if necessary)

Regards to all,
Steve

do they do sl60 amg? if yes count me in.

when will a new Quaife group buy take action?
Any interested

i guess it takes a lot of work to fit this part inside diffhousing?

is it a difficult job for a professional mechanic to fit this into diffhousing?
my mechanic is very skilled on MB cars one of the best local mechanics i know, but I don't know if he did a quaife diffjob before?
therfore I need to know if this is a complicated modification and needs lots of work to fit properly?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom