• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Who stole my star

ackee911

Car
Mercedes-Benz S500L
Terrible isn't it.

A bunch of w***ers smashed my passenger rear window a lil while back (most probably to nick the TVs at the back)-but didn't count on the double-glazing-so it just cracked slightly.

BUT THE WORST!!

Someone nicked my bonnet star!!!!!!

Ordered one of ebay. Hope it'll look the same.

:( :( :(

Did insurance cover the window - them double glazed units have a reputation for being "not cheap"...

As for stars - I keep a spare! Bought mine from ebay, came from a dealer in Germany.

Mine was stolen a day after i had put on a new one. :mad:

Are there any "heavy duty" ones you can buy, which don't break off?

them double glazed units have a reputation for being "not cheap"...

I had to replace the driver's side window on my previous V140 S500 after some vandals tried to smash it with a brick in a car park. The inner pane held.

Cost was around £750.

woah! I found the price to be £380+VAT parts alone.

Well, I need slightly more than expected to pay for treatment to my elbow cos double glazing hurts!! :D

Priceless.... hehe.... :rock:

Mine have all restisted being snapped and just bent so far, but i guess they are stronger as they are mounted in the radiator grill and were not designed to snap off for pedestrian safety back in the 70's.

Mine have all restisted being snapped and just bent so far, but i guess they are stronger as they are mounted in the radiator grill and were not designed to snap off for pedestrian safety back in the 70's.

The star of my W116 snapped of alright... :crazy:

On reflection, I was pleased how easy the bonnet badge came off my bonnet when it was stolen. £10 for a new one (plastic flat one) and no damage to the car. Annoying, but could be so much worse!

You could make a collage of one from an Audi badge

yes....all you need is a convienient AUDI parked somewhere nearby.

Or nip into the local MB dealers and take one off a car there. they will have loads sat about doing nothing.

My local dealer removes all bonnet stars from cars on the lot.

I bought a new star from ebay and the quality was very poor in relation to the one that came off. The bracket that holds the star on to the bonnet seemed like it was made from a kit kat wrapper. However star is on and there is no point paying over the odds when some tosser is going to rip it off again anyway.

I've had three stolen so far, very annoying! Like you say though, better it comes off easy than having loads of scrape marks across the bonnet.

There must be a way of connecting it to the battery to give the next thief a little 'shock' :devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom