2004 Formal GTG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I dont care where in the county it is, I will be there. I am also prepared to offer my services to help if you need an extra hand. Not been to a formal dinner in years, looking forward to it. BTW my wife works for the Hilton Hotel, maybe she can sort out a decent price etc. :rock: :rock: :bannana: :bannana:

In favour of the general idea - not sure about the evening part - but we need a early 2004 GTG. We have the Skid Pan meet to chat too.

pammy said:
Somewhere in the middle sounds good, a nice country hotel with character and personality? Just a suggestion, this one looks OK

http://www.regalhotels.co.uk/hotel.asp?hotelID=70

I know this one and it is OK, food and accomodation OK too last time I went. :bannana:

In the middle of Sherwood Forest, so no local attractions. :(

Brian WH said:
In the middle of Sherwood Forest, so no local attractions. :(

Not what the BBC found in their documentory about voyerism at Clumber park. ;)

I'm up for this one, wherever it is, but as Fuzzer says "equidistant" to give everyone a chance to get there.
The middle of England is not the same as the middle of Britain.
Where I am in Wild West Yorkshire is about 3 hours from London, and about 3 Hours from Glasgow, not that I could recommend anywhere round here but anywhere in the York area or Lancaster area would seem fair to everyone.

No doubt someone from Penzance is going to prove me wrong... :eek:

Kinky... You have my e-mail addy, anything you think I can do to help just let me know.

the formal dinner bit and "black tie" would put us off - been to enough of those to never ever want to go to one again.

We kinda enjoy the informal aspect of meeting.

As for over night stays, 2 kids and a dog rules those out as well.

Andy

Same here, I'd rather had a day event based around looking over people's cars, with perhaps a spot of lunch/couple of pints.

RichardM said:
Same here, I'd rather had a day event based around looking over people's cars, with perhaps a spot of lunch/couple of pints.

Sounds a good idea to me :D

The place in Sherwood Forest is OK, the food is good, they do formal & informal - you can't get more central in the country than this.

And it's only a ten minute drive from my house.....

Paul G

kikkthecat said:
No doubt someone from Penzance is going to prove me wrong... :eek:

QUOTE]

Not Penzance but Bexhill - 100 miles (ish) south of London we are probably the most "southern" folks on the forum.

Andy and annie

We have both a full race track (Three Sisters) and a private airfield possibilities in the North West with stacks of choices of places to stay.
3.5 hours to London and about 4 to Aberdeen.
Can look into costings of hiring the track or airfield (Ian ;) ) or if costs are too high Three Sisters has a great Kart Track we can hire (for those of us who do not wish to kill our tyres :D ) and pleanty of room to park and admire each others cars with a coffee shop on site.
Comments welcome.

Bexhill - 100 miles (ish) south of London we are probably the most "southern" folks on the forum
Bexhill 50.50N 0.29E
Plymouth 50.23N 4.10W

Did someone say Penzance? That'd be just great! :D

tee hee Janner you win by .27 of a degree, hey, that's 3 of us on the south coast - including Rob Falmer.

Sennen Cove would be a great place for a GTG

andy_k said:
tee hee Janner you win by .27 of a degree, hey, that's 3 of us on the south coast - including Rob Falmer.

Sennen Cove would be a great place for a GTG

Nobody stopping you organising your own South Coast GTG lads. :rock: :rock:

Plenty of months in 2004. :D :D

Brian WH said:
Nobody stopping you organising your own South Coast GTG lads. :rock: :rock:

Plenty of months in 2004. :D :D
But dont forget to invite us Northern Lot, we like a good day out :bannana: :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom