• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Blue Efficiency injector recall?

In the West MIdlamds it is imopssible to hire a mercedes from Enterprise; I suspect they are all with disgruntled Mercedes ownners. My car
has beem off the road for 40 days and I seem to know more about the problem than my dealer. I am thinking about asking for my money back, I am a private owner, any advice?

Last edited:
You got your car in July, a good stat would be to work out how many days you have owned it and how many days it has been in their workshop. Say you owned it around 155 days and 40 of those it hasnt been in your possession, thats nearly 26% or a quarter of the time sat in the garage.
My ratio was a lot higher and I stated that even though I was mobile this was not the car that I had purchased.

In the West MIdlamds it is imopssible to hire a mercedes from Enterprise; I suspect they are all with disgruntled Mercedes ownners. My car
has beem off the road for 40 days and I seem to know more about the problem than my dealer. I am thinking about asking for my money back, I am a private owner, any advice?

The new injectors are filtering through to the dealers at present but last night I heard that MB's priority would be for the cars that breakdown for the first time. The reason being that they don't want to increase the number of disgruntled customers. The feeling is that people without cars are already unhappy so deal with them next.
My advice to you would be to speak to the dealer, better still, write to them and give them 7 days to return the car (fixed) or a letter will be winging it's way to Jeremy Clarkson's news column in the Sunday Times.
MB are going to great lengths to keep this under wraps and I'm sure a set of injectors, with your name on, will materialise.
At the end of the day I'm sure you'd rather have the car back than the money. They are still great cars.

Three things from me:

1. The dealer knows the score - they have all had the bulletin. If he's not talking its because he's decided you need the customer=mushroom treatment which is pretty poor!

2. You could reject the car OR as its a private car, you could just decide that you are placing all the wear and tear & mileage on the loan car instead of your own and be happy with that.

3. Make sure the loaner you are in is up to the mark - what did they give you for the 40 days?

A C180 BE saloon sport.

looks like they have run out of mercedes, i'm told that enterprise get fined if they dont get you into one, so i wonder if that penalty has been waived at the moment ?

Last edited:
The new injectors are filtering through to the dealers at present but last night I heard that MB's priority would be for the cars that breakdown for the first time. The reason being that they don't want to increase the number of disgruntled customers. The feeling is that people without cars are already unhappy so deal with them next.
My advice to you would be to speak to the dealer, better still, write to them and give them 7 days to return the car (fixed) or a letter will be winging it's way to Jeremy Clarkson's news column in the Sunday Times.
MB are going to great lengths to keep this under wraps and I'm sure a set of injectors, with your name on, will materialise.
At the end of the day I'm sure you'd rather have the car back than the money. They are still great cars.

The problme with threats is that the recipient at the dealer will probably forward them to "legal" and all normal contact will cease.

Face to face, showing you are both informed and resolute in what you need works the best (remember you are just trying to fix your own position, not the whole affected customer base).

P143 Service call

Hi Folks, there was mention of a p143 Service Call, I talked to the dealer about it being related to injector failures and denied knowledge of any injector failures on c250 cdi engines, but said that the service call was to correct software settings for fuel pump pressures.

I had it sorted this morning within an hour - not sure if that says much about the dealer that ?!?

Originally Posted by andyjenkins
My C250 has been in for the P143 service. Service Manager told me what I already knew, but told me without prompting. Not sure if I'm pleased with the honesty or concerned with the complacency.

Service Manager said the P143 is only a short term remedy, best that MB could come up with on cars yet to fail until they can replace the injectors, which is likely to be the new year (I would've been highly surprised if was going to be 2009!!). In all, the update took about 45 minutes. Can't tell any difference in the way the car drives, sounds, or feels, so the change is pretty invisible to the consumer.

Further advised that they will replace the injectors on the car once. If it happens again they keep the car (not sure if that means I get to drive a Smart Car, or they do a swap, or they keep it until they can fix it once and for all).

Fingers crossed eh? Should I be "crossing my fingers" driving around in a 35k car ?!?!?
Mine went in for the p143 - similar experience to yourself - no difference. Your dealer is very honest and informed. My dealer looked at me in bemusement when I mentioned failed injectors!

Last edited:
In post #205 I mentioned my friends Mondeo 2.0 Tdci having injector issues, well it happened to him again yesterday, on exactly the same injector that was "fixed" 7 months ago. He was told by the engineer who fixed it that it had been cleaned and reset against the ECU. He's been quoted £180 for a new injector plus fitting, so total bill about £300. he keeps paying £80 a go for the clean and reset, and it's happened 3 or 4 times now so in my book it would be better to replace the faulty injector. Does anyone know if they can be sourced cheaper that £180?

I'm going to give the dealership and Enterprise another call now.

The only problem is, even if they find me a Mercedes, on the first day they said they might have to transfer the insurance to my own as I'm only 22.

The last I heard from the dealership was that they're waiting for confirmation from Mercedes to replace the injector.

Just rang Enterprise and the lady said that all their Mercedes are either out on loan or broken down themselves.

The dealership said they're waiting for the parts from Mercedes Benz and no estimate on times of fixture :(

This might make me furious, if I'm left with an Astra for weeks... I wonder if I'm liable for any compensation as they should be giving me a similar class of car. I might see if another Enterprise branch has anything tomorrow.

Hi, my C220 blue efficiency broke down on friday (Purchased 23rd Oct). It has already had the software upgrade as it misfired within 2 weeks of purchase. I have just had authorisation from MB to have all of the injectors replaced. These are being despatched today. I have been assured by MB that these are the version 5 injectors.

So I get to enjoy a Vauxhall insignia for a few more days, courtesy of Enterprise. Funnily, they didn't have any Mercs available at the moment, can't think why.

Fingers crossed that this is the good version.

I collected my C250 from Mercedes Benz Direct on 27th November and it broke down within 30 minutes with the fuel injector problem. Ive been told that they are hoping to fix it within 3-4 weeks so im expecting early January.

I was also told that they are dealing with the latest cases first to limit the amount of disgruntled customers! In meantime have C180 hire car from enterprise.

I'm astonished that a problem on this scale has managed to stay out of the motoring press.

I'm astonished that a problem on this scale has managed to stay out of the motoring press.
I'm not. Think "Advertising Spend" and your astonishment will evaporate ;)

I'm envious of all you people getting Mercedes to keep you mobile. I've only gone out in my superb Astra if it's been an emergency. I'm going to call the dealership and ask for some kind of compensation if they say it's going to be a while and Enterprise still can't find me a Mercedes within a few days.

I'm envious of all you people getting Mercedes to keep you mobile. I've only gone out in my superb Astra if it's been an emergency. I'm going to call the dealership and ask for some kind of compensation if they say it's going to be a while and Enterprise still can't find me a Mercedes within a few days.

At present it seems common for the dealers to offer free service "vouchers" as they can reclaim the cost from MB. Boutique vouchers are also given in some cases, depends upon how loud you shout.

I'm envious of all you people getting Mercedes to keep you mobile. I've only gone out in my superb Astra if it's been an emergency.

While the weather is looking iffy you're better off in a front wheel drive car, especially someone else's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom