Do these wheels/tyres fit?? Read this first! Offset/fitment answers within..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Get 8.5j for the front alloys and put 245x40x08 front tyres and 265x35x18 rear to keep the rolling radius correct.

BTW, as you have an estate E class, its an S212, not a W212 which is the saloon:)

Thanks. I think I misspoke in my last post - I now have two 8.5J ET49 18" and two 9J ET54 18".

Having visited the link on the 1st post in this thread, I know that I can use 8.5 ET48 for the front and 9J ET54 at the rear but there is no 8.5 ET49 listed.
Would it make much of a difference if I used the 8.5J ET49 at the front?

8.5j ET49 on the front is fine.
Go for the tyre sizes I suggested in Post # 460

I'm looking at a set of 18" wheels for the '03 E500 estate, currently on OE (Yilduz) 17" wheels with 245/45/17 tyres. . They're off a GLC, I rather think, and the size is 18 x 8 with an ET of 38. The only OE fitment with that offset in the Alloy Wheels Direct chart is a 17 x 8.5; the S211 OE 18 x 8s have an offset of 30. Will the GLC wheels, with 245/40/18 tyres (OE size on OE 18" alloys) fit ok, or should I just give up on them?

Sorted - probably. Using the On Screen Wheel Offset Calculator sticky, the ET 38 18" wheels with 245/40/18 tyres will be an almost exact fit for mine (the speedo will read 0.2% low, but I can live with that).

The only thing I wonder about is, why did MB go for a different offset between the 17" and 18" wheels (38 and 30 respectively) with the same width standard tyre fitment?

Hi all, probably should have visited this thread first, but I've gone ahead and bought a set of 2003 S-Class 17 alloys to replace the 10 spoke 18s on my 2006 E-Class 280cdi Sport, stupidly assuming they'd fit. Unfortunately they rub against the big calipers my Sport model has, so wondering if I just need to suck it up and move them on, or if a spacer would do the trick (and what size spacer do I need?)? Many thanks in advance

Hi - my head's going round the bend trying to understand what offset I will need when changing alloys.

Car: W204 C63 Saloon
OEM Wheels - alloy size on what I have now:
Front Wheels: 8Jx19 ET45
Rear Wheels: 9Jx19 ET54

My tires are 255/35 ZR 19 & 235 35 ZR 19 and plan to keep them.

I want to change them to W205 19"C Edition 1 alloys - replica versions.
They are 8.5J front and 9.5J rears.

What ET offset range on the front and rears will work? Does it need to be ET45 and ET54? Or can it be varied a little, if so by how much?

Hello,
my car MY16 E220d W213, 225/55R17.

I have found rims with tyres 245/45R18. On one photo it states 8Jx18H2.
The one think I'm not sure about is the offset. As I don't know the rims offset, do I need to worry about it?

I thought I wont need to ask, but here I am.
Thank you

I was just asked if the wheels I have for sale will fit 2005 CLK 320?
Mine are 7Jx16 ET43 and tyres 205/55 R16
Listed for A/C209 CLK is 7Jx16 ET37 - 205/55/R16
Abs already looked it up for me (cheers mate!) - the only difference is 6mm closer to the suspension strut, so basically no difference, and won't affect speedo either.
Just wanted to double-check ... :cool:

I was just asked if the wheels I have for sale will fit 2005 CLK 320?
Mine are 7Jx16 ET43 and tyres 205/55 R16
Listed for A/C209 CLK is 7Jx16 ET37 - 205/55/R16
Abs already looked it up for me (cheers mate!) - the only difference is 6mm closer to the suspension strut, so basically no difference, and won't affect speedo either.
Just wanted to double-check ... :cool:

@clk320x is indeed correct. The difference is 6mm between your offsets (everything else is obv the same), the lower the offset the further the wheel protrudes. Your wheels will sit closer to the suspension on the CLK, by a whopping 6mm! lol Can't see it being an issue, and if the potential buyer wants the correct offset, they can always slip a small spacer in!

Hey everyone, have been sifting through this thread to avoid asking this question but couldn't find the answer so hoping you gurus may know!

Looking at wheels for my c63 w204 and came across a set that I like, they are 19x8.5 et 35 (fronts) and 19x 9.5 et 35 (rears), I know standard ets are 45 and 54 but there seems to be plenty of clearance from the arch with this offset. Would the wheels I am looking at rub in anyway (even with a full car)?

Bumping the above query, any ideas? Don't want to pull the trigger and get some wheels that won't fit :(

The link below is to a pdf chart of all the wheel and tyre combinations as fitted by Mercedes, AMG, Brabus and Carlsson.

Mercedes-Benz Fitting Chart and Wheel Fitment Guide | Alloy Wheels Direct

If you are wondering if a particular tyre size is suitable, or if a certain rim size/offset will fit, then it is a single place to check. If one of the tuning companies hasn't attempted it, then it's an indication that it might not be such a good idea!

It is periodically updated and if you have and documentation for new vehicles or perhaps a scan from the tyre page of the manual from older models (113/107/109/124/201), I will update it!

Lastly, please make this a sticky post!
Hi thanks for the information cheers Graham clkdvrlloyd

Hi t
The link below is to a pdf chart of all the wheel and tyre combinations as fitted by Mercedes, AMG, Brabus and Carlsson.

If you are wondering if a particular tyre size is suitable, or if a certain rim size/offset will fit, then it is a single place to check. If one of the tuning companies hasn't attempted it, then it's an indication that it might not be such a good idea!

It is periodically updated and if you have and documentation for new vehicles or perhaps a scan from the tyre page of the manual from older models (113/107/109/124/201), I will update it!

I

Hi thanks for the information I don't know what a sticky post is cheers Graham

New member, very useful thread and pdf. I was looking to fit some 19” SL63 2010 wheels to my CLS 350d SB 218. They have a -5 ET front and -17 ET rear difference over stock wheels. The exact setup is shown on the pdf from Brabus. I just wanted to be sure that the pdf list options dont differentiate for AMG cars, would that matter? I’m on stock height so should be ok over lower AMG cars. Have anyone done this combo before? I couldn’t find a pic on google to suggest so

New member, very useful thread and pdf. I was looking to fit some 19” SL63 2010 wheels to my CLS 350d SB 218. They have a -5 ET front and -17 ET rear difference over stock wheels. The exact setup is shown on the pdf from Brabus. I just wanted to be sure that the pdf list options dont differentiate for AMG cars, would that matter? I’m on stock height so should be ok over lower AMG cars. Have anyone done this combo before? I couldn’t find a pic on google to suggest so
The front wheels will stick out 5mm further out and the rears 17mm. I would say they would fit as I have a 218 (not SB) but had 15/20mm spacers on the rear and 15mm on the front.

The front wheels will stick out 5mm further out and the rears 17mm. I would say they would fit as I have a 218 (not SB) but had 15/20mm spacers on the rear and 15mm on the front.
Thanks yes I understand how offset works. With your spacers that’s off OEM offsets then I assume? (so final offset 20fr and 33/28rr)

Did you run 255/35/19 and 285/30/19? I have the tyres already and want to avoid buying new tyres again (but I may have to add a bit of stretch to the rear like a 275/30). Don’t want a lower profile, uk rds aren’t good enough for rubber bands

Last edited:
Yes that was with spacers and my OEM set up. I ran stock tyres and they sound about right. I am currently running 20's with a 30 profile on the front and 25 rears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom