Eurocharged handheld programmer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, I guess I can now say that I know what all the fuss is about, after some brief testing anyway.

It's cold, greasy and not great for testing anything out but it shifts VERY well. I've always praised this engine for the fact that it revs so happily and keeps on producing power right to the top of the rev counter (especially in comparison to my turbocharged cars) but this surpasses itself and makes the standard map seem like the engine was being totally strangled.
In a way, 5k revs+ reminds me of turbocharged power delivery as it really likes to just nail you in the back with a power surge and at which point you had better be paying attention. That's as far as I got, just a few 2nd-3rd gear sprints down our genuine private stretch of road (no joke, it's un-adopted).

Other things to note...

- Cold start is louder and deeper.
- Normal driving/cruising has the V8 rumble louder and deeper from the exhaust; very muscle car-like. Overall, it just sounds much much more beefy, if you like.
- Static revving again is louder and deeper at low revs but the AMG bark and snap is still there up top; again louder and but also snappier.
- Crackles and snaps when gear changing or over run, lots more of those and loud.
- Throttle blip? I figured the standard blip was loud but this is something else. I've never seen a town centre of heads snap round so quickly at my car when I've rolled from second to first gear approaching a red traffic light.
Downshift blips also tend to be accompanied by loud snaps from the exhaust when you're driving more aggressively.

I've tuned a few cars now in this manner, at home and I can say that this is no different. The first time that I ever did this my heart was racing in case it all went bad but I'm used to it now so sit back and do as the device says (use the .PDF guide that is supplied on your USB stick to help). You will hear pumps humming, the fans come on and see a series of dashboard lights but follow the instructions and you'll be ok.

Cozy said:
Well, I guess I can now say that I know what all the fuss is about, after some brief testing anyway. It's cold, greasy and not great for testing anything out but it shifts VERY well. I've always praised this engine for the fact that it revs so happily and keeps on producing power right to the top of the rev counter (especially in comparison to my turbocharged cars) but this surpasses itself and makes the standard map seem like the engine was being totally strangled. In a way, 5k revs+ reminds me of turbocharged power delivery as it really likes to just nail you in the back with a power surge and at which point you had better be paying attention. That's as far as I got, just a few 2nd-3rd gear sprints down our genuine private stretch of road (no joke, it's un-adopted). Other things to note... - Cold start is louder and deeper. - Normal driving/cruising has the V8 rumble louder and deeper from the exhaust; very muscle car-like. Overall, it just sounds much much more beefy, if you like. - Static revving again is louder and deeper at low revs but the AMG bark and snap is still there up top; again louder and but also snappier. - Crackles and snaps when gear changing or over run, lots more of those and loud. - Throttle blip? I figured the standard blip was loud but this is something else. I've never seen a town centre of heads snap round so quickly at my car when I've rolled from second to first gear approaching a red traffic light. Downshift blips also tend to be accompanied by loud snaps from the exhaust when you're driving more aggressively. I've tuned a few cars now in this manner, at home and I can say that this is no different. The first time that I ever did this my heart was racing in case it all went bad but I'm used to it now so sit back and do as the device says (use the .PDF guide that is supplied on your USB stick to help). You will hear pumps humming, the fans come on and see a series of dashboard lights but follow the instructions and you'll be ok.

Did you need to connect to power supply out of interest and how long did the update take?

Enjoy the car!!!

Did you need to connect to power supply out of interest and how long did the update take?

Enjoy the car!!!

No I didn't, based on that I've not done it on any of my other cars and have succeeded without battery drain but also from info gleaned from the Youtube videos I've watched of people doing this installation and from members of MBWorld.
My batteries have always been good though and I've made sure that the car hasn't been sitting too long prior to doing it. Also, radio, heater, lighter, everything off.
I would recommend, if you have access, to use a charger though as perhaps I was playing with fire.

To obtain the ECU data necessary to send to Eurocharged in the first place took only a couple minutes and once I had received the file and had loaded it onto the MyGenius, around 5mins to write.

Last edited:
Well, I guess I can now say that I know what all the fuss is about, after some brief testing anyway.

It's cold, greasy and not great for testing anything out but it shifts VERY well. I've always praised this engine for the fact that it revs so happily and keeps on producing power right to the top of the rev counter (especially in comparison to my turbocharged cars) but this surpasses itself and makes the standard map seem like the engine was being totally strangled.
In a way, 5k revs+ reminds me of turbocharged power delivery as it really likes to just nail you in the back with a power surge and at which point you had better be paying attention. That's as far as I got, just a few 2nd-3rd gear sprints down our genuine private stretch of road (no joke, it's un-adopted).

Other things to note...

- Cold start is louder and deeper.
- Normal driving/cruising has the V8 rumble louder and deeper from the exhaust; very muscle car-like. Overall, it just sounds much much more beefy, if you like.
- Static revving again is louder and deeper at low revs but the AMG bark and snap is still there up top; again louder and but also snappier.
- Crackles and snaps when gear changing or over run, lots more of those and loud.
- Throttle blip? I figured the standard blip was loud but this is something else. I've never seen a town centre of heads snap round so quickly at my car when I've rolled from second to first gear approaching a red traffic light.
Downshift blips also tend to be accompanied by loud snaps from the exhaust when you're driving more aggressively.

I've tuned a few cars now in this manner, at home and I can say that this is no different. The first time that I ever did this my heart was racing in case it all went bad but I'm used to it now so sit back and do as the device says (use the .PDF guide that is supplied on your USB stick to help). You will hear pumps humming, the fans come on and see a series of dashboard lights but follow the instructions and you'll be ok.

Perfect description!! Can only but agree with the headturning on downshift & i've only managed 12.7mpg since doing mine :eek:
If anybody around Edinburgh area wants to meet up for a look over and listen drop a PM, bit slippy to really go out open it up just now though.
Oh, i also disconnected my battery and left overnight to reset any adaptations, that made a bit of a difference as well.
Glad you got the device though after your wait.

It gets scary quite quickly in these conditions, doesn't it :D. I don't mind being cheeky in a £2k RWD Jap tin can but there's more at stake in a C63.

I hear there's a reset procedure than you can do without disconnecting the battery. Some kind of sequence with the pedals and key.

It gets scary quite quickly in these conditions, doesn't it :D. I don't mind being cheeky in a £2k RWD Jap tin can but there's more at stake in a C63.

I hear there's a reset procedure than you can do without disconnecting the battery. Some kind of sequence with the pedals and key.

Yes there is, although im not sure if it has the same overall effect as disconnection. I didnt suffer any ill effects from disconnection and only took a minute. Feels sharper again as well!
Im going to head out for a longer drive today, may as well take advantage of the marginally cheaper fuel prices and wife and kids being away, cars been stuck in the garage since Xmas eve. :)

All uploaded and Paul offers back up like no other company I have ever dealt with. Emailed a small problem connecting hand held to my computer at 10pm 10 mins later fixed sent id file at 11 pm expecting it back either Saturday or Monday. 12.45 am map arrives !! Suffice to say I was in bed and probably not the best idea to annoy the neighbours at 1 in the morning. Great product and makes the car feel like it should have been in the first place with none of the holding back feeling above 4500 rpm when standard and the down shifts are loud and consistent.
Big thanks to Paul the insomniac.

Mark

Hopefully there will be another special offer soon....!

bump...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom