Have You Seen Any Interesting Cars On The Road Lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry no pic as was driving , but I saw and heard a 69 plate GLC63 AMG this morning. It sounded sooooooo nice, gave me goosebumps :p

Didn’t get a photo but my wife works for Volvo and tonight she came home something I’ve not seen before.
An 07 plate Volvo S80 4.4 V80 AWD in grandad gold!! Ultimate sleeper car.

Love it, but what were Volvo doing with a 13 year old car??

Love it, but what were Volvo doing with a 13 year old car??
They just use it as a runabout! It’s a great piece of kit.
They’ve done something to the exhaust and fitted Brembo brakes to it as well. The engine is built by Yamaha and it’s the same (with 2 turbos) as fitted to one of Lee Nobles finest. I had a quick nose on eBay and there’s only 4 for sale in the UK.

Saw this a few months ago.

20191012-213603.jpg

Not too well up on films, but was this sort of thing used in an action movie?

14th-Decenber-2019-Engine-Bay-332.jpg

14th-Decenber-2019-Engine-Bay-339.jpg

14th-Decenber-2019-Engine-Bay-343.jpg

Was that not the vehicle that was built by Land Rover for the film Judge Dread.
Seem to remember one at Gaydon museum a few years back.

BTW I’ve got one of the very last Vanden Plas Princess 1300 sitting in my garage. It’s a late 1974 Auto in white and has just around 34k on the clock. Lovely interior with leather and wood with the picnic tables for the rear seat passengers.
2nd car I owned was a Princess 1100 way back in the early 70,s

Not too well up on films, but was this sort of thing used in an action movie?

Check 18:00 - Hubnut gets inside one of them:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks guys. :thumb:

I had no idea (if any) which film it was used in.

It just looked so 'Arnie', not that I know that much about him, either!

I saw what could be a nice 420 SL in my local Wickes car park at the weekend.
F366 EWL.
Pretty dirty, oxidised paint but looks like it would clean up well and interior was OK too.

Didn’t get a photo but my wife works for Volvo and tonight she came home something I’ve not seen before.
An 07 plate Volvo S80 4.4 V80 AWD in grandad gold!! Ultimate sleeper car.

Had a sniff around one of these back in the day as an E500 / 545i alternative. It was in the hands of a German colleague who had it as a “different” company car. Cheaper, Volvo-V8 . A car created for the US market, like those other two.

I think it still sells at a premium as a 10 year old used car, being picked up by Volvo fans. (Volvisti ?)

Won’t trouble Merc and BMW owners: at heart that an excellent Ford chassis in a Volvo dress, without a German development budget. But certainly we’ll worth a try instead of the usual Volvo / Saab / Ford equivalents, especially if you’re anywhere near big winters and snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As discussed above: Typically £8k for a 12 year old that's done just 5k a year.

Lots of nice features, like my beloved split/fold rear seats.

2385839e0a26458abf88d1cc3b96080a.jpg

I saw that one. Has it got the monstrous sound system?
A nice piece of kit and like you, I’m a big fan of the split/fold seats. Makes my weekend cycling gigs much easier.

I’d de-badge that and probably drive it wearing a hat. :cool:

I saw that one. Has it got the monstrous sound system?
A nice piece of kit and like you, I’m a big fan of the split/fold seats. Makes my weekend cycling gigs much easier.
I’d de-badge that and probably drive it wearing a hat. :cool:

I think that all the V8's had an Alpine / Bang & Olufsen bespoke sound system from new.

The split/folds have solved my cycling quandry, give that "you rogues" won't sell me your low mileage E500 Estates.

On that theme, how's your cycling going? Weren't you going to start a near daily commute to West London? Or am I confusing....

Ps Hats are still mandatory with Volvos.

01volvo.jpg

I just spat my breakfast out laughing at that!!

Cycling is going well thanks. I’m working on Camden Town Hall so I’m doing about 20 miles a day. I’m competing in triathlons as well.

If you’re on Strava look me up. Darrell Woods.

Sorry for the poor pic through dirty glass!

Spotted in the ‘hood this morning, looks an unusually well kept example and, judging from the MOT history, has passed 150k miles with minimal issues.

Attachments

• F2B72F38-EBBF-43C5-8B42-C7A9AEBCE897.jpeg
    F2B72F38-EBBF-43C5-8B42-C7A9AEBCE897.jpeg
    458.2 KB · Views: 30
At MB Brooklands today, next to the AMG display :D

IMG_2357 (1).JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom