Have You Seen Any Interesting Cars On The Road Lately?

jdrrco

MB Enthusiast
Car
X218 CLS500 AMG BlueEfficiency Sport Shooting Brake - name almost as long as the car...
Waiting for a boat to take us across the Sea of Galilee on Sunday, I spotted this in the car park. The owners were just returning to it but were more than happy for me to take a photo, as they have just finished restoring this 50-year old beauty. merc smaller.jpg

Jobsworth

Car
One or two...
I had this in recently to prep for a tour for the very nice owner

He'd had trouble with it overheating in traffic. I was confident I had cured it, but he insisted I gave it a proper road test to make sure. Picked my wife up and gave a test in busy Brighton rush hour traffic. The overheating was cured, but my God I couldn't live with one - people run into the road to film it with their phones!

A little non-standard in the engine room. Some choice tweaks result in 450bhp. About 50% more than when it was new.

REGGO

Car
61 PLATE C220D
Hi Jobsworth, the De Tomaso Pantera is my favourite car of all time. you have just made my year and it's only March.:thumb::banana::).

Bellow

MB Enthusiast
Car
C2500 350, 450
I had this in recently to prep for a tour for the very nice owner

He'd had trouble with it overheating in traffic. I was confident I had cured it, but he insisted I gave it a proper road test to make sure. Picked my wife up and gave a test in busy Brighton rush hour traffic. The overheating was cured, but my God I couldn't live with one - people run into the road to film it with their phones!

A little non-standard in the engine room. Some choice tweaks result in 450bhp. About 50% more than when it was new.

Very desirable motor car - and understated too.
There's engraving on those cylinder heads - any idea what it says?

REGGO

Car
61 PLATE C220D
Big Big Ta, I remember seeing one regular outside school in the early seventies, in my late 50s now and the memory has stuck with me ever since. :):thumb:.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant. Audi A6 Avant 3.0 Bi TDI - A Fantastic Car! Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
One more. The view most people will see ;)

That's lovely.

Does it sport those tyres to be in keeping with the era of the car?
They look unlike anything I've noticed for a long time.

Jobsworth

Car
One or two...
That's lovely.

Does it sport those tyres to be in keeping with the era of the car?
They look unlike anything I've noticed for a long time.
Avon Turbospeeds if memory serves. They are still made for these old style Italian supercars, but they are a few quid. The sizes (that I certainly cannot remember) are not common, and you'll struggle to find anything else. I love the stance with the big rear tyres. It looks like a Hotwheels toy!

Jobsworth

Car
One or two...
Test for the experts ;) can you name the manufacturer of those original wheels?

MadMerx

Car
CL55 AMG C215, S63L AMG W221
Amazing looking, beautiful car, I bet it sounds glorious :)

Crazyfool

Car
(14) E350 AMG Sport Estate Obsidian Black & (96) 2.6 Audi Convertible Europa Blue
Not on the road but there’s a load of lovely cars in the local garage at Samdbanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom