Have You Seen Any Interesting Cars On The Road Lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My polo g40. Well it's interesting to me.

18043490.jpg

654bbab3.jpg

This is my brother's Polo "breadvan" fitted with a engine from a scrapped G40.
2014_10_17_16_40_32.jpg

I recently saw an R230 SL50 AMG...

:dk:

Freshly colour coded ( arches and corners ). My winter toy.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

My mk2 shogun is also single colour, much prefer it.
I will put up a pic of the mk1 tomorrow!

Again, no pictures sorry as I was driving, but saw a Testarossa on the A281 between Horsham and Guildford this afternoon. Man, those things are wide.. but a nice bit of 80's excess!

Cheers,

Gaz

Passenger shot of this Integrale.

Very shiny indeed:

I hope the passenger was a hot female, as it appears they were sat on your lap.

Afaik they are from mk1 Golf Gti Campaign.
Fun? nah - scarrrry!

They look like p-slots. That's a proper sleeper he's got there. What power is he running? So easy to mod these cars...I'm running ~180bhp (r1 charger, small pulley, road fast cam, ported inlet/outlet, big head, g60 injectors, etc etc) in a car that weighs 800kgs it's can be a bit scary as you say. It's in the band between 40-90mph the g40 engine performs best, then lack of torque starts to take it's toll. Shame they only cost about £1k less than the Golf GTi when new otherwise VW would have produced a lot more than the 500 they did...I read a magazine test or 2 of the time which had them outperform the Corrado G60 in the 0-60, 0-100 tests. Leading to accusations of VW manipulating the official numbers. The Corrado is/was a stunning car thou, doesn't look like your nans shopping car for sure.

They look like p-slots. That's a proper sleeper he's got there. What power is he running? So easy to mod these cars...I'm running ~180bhp (r1 charger, small pulley, road fast cam, ported inlet/outlet, big head, g60 injectors, etc etc) in a car that weighs 800kgs it's can be a bit scary as you say. It's in the band between 40-90mph the g40 engine performs best, then lack of torque starts to take it's toll. Shame they only cost about £1k less than the Golf GTi when new otherwise VW would have produced a lot more than the 500 they did...I read a magazine test or 2 of the time which had them outperform the Corrado G60 in the 0-60, 0-100 tests. Leading to accusations of VW manipulating the official numbers. The Corrado is/was a stunning car thou, doesn't look like your nans shopping car for sure.

I'll find out about bhp -all i know his he has given a bloody nose to lots of the big boys! But he has screwed up the engine many a time!
Yeh tests show G40 was verry quick but said not to drive aswell as Golf GTi.
Oddly,just a few yards from my brother's house a young Hindu girl had a brand new green J reg G40.She kept it a fair few years.It was odd seeing her with a G40 as she was so staid prim and proper girl next door .More of a 1.0 Polo owner tbh!

Saw this Alfa C4 today in my local petrol station. Sorry about the iPhone pic, it looked a lot better in the flesh.

Attachments

• Alfa C4.jpg
    Alfa C4.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 80
Hillbillies round the corner ...

This thing was MASSIVE !

Last edited:
Hillbillies round the corner ...

This thing was MASSIVE !

Judging by the light-bar, I think Spinal has been fibbing about using a Micra in his Mongol rally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom