• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

The Football Thread

Argentina deserved winners. Glad to see Messi lifting the trophy, he has been an amazing player to watch throughout his career.
It’s just a pity they made him lift it wearing a see through house coat! FIFA sold out to Qatar then let them spoil the presentation of the World Cup. Messi should have been holding that cup aloft proudly wearing his beloved Argentina top, not the feckin national dress of Qatar or whatever it was! Shame on you FIFA😡

Despite my reservations over Qatar hosting, its been one of the best World Cups ever. The booze ban worked, very little reported crowd trouble, and some great football.
A couple of my mates were out there.
One of them is based in Dubai so they were flying in and out for the England game. They both said they had a good old time with zero trouble and enjoyed a few beers after the games before they flew back to Dubai.

A couple of my mates were out there.
One of them is based in Dubai so they were flying in and out for the England game. They both said they had a good old time with zero trouble and enjoyed a few beers after the games before they flew back to Dubai.
I was in Abu Dhabi when it started. It was reported there were 120+ flights a day shuttling fans back and forth to Doha for the matches.

64389-3ddf09a4-277c-4214-847f-bab5ef6b3dc2.jpeg

Reactions: JHS
Very good match.....difficult to choose who to support....well slightly! Either the nation that tried one to steal an island from us once....or one that we were at war with for the best part of 1000 years on and off. I went for the forma! To be honest whatever the sport I will tend to support France's opposition. France.....a lovely country but completely ruined by being full of French people!
I thought the match itself was superb and had everything. I'm afraid to say that the England team does not have one tenth of the skill and vision either of those teams do. The better team won last night.

So the World Cup everyone wanted to forget as quick as possible has produced a great final and the media poster boy holding the trophy aloft. Damn!

How many lotteries has this bloke won ? :) I hope he had a bet on that .
The odds wouldn’t have been that great, all he would have needed was for Argentina to win the World Cup and Messi to be fit and available to play. The date of the final had already been arranged by the time of his prediction. In fact what he said was wrong anyway, Messi was 35 when he lifted the cup, not 34.

As a Chelski fan I usually relish the gooners failing. However, given our fall from grace (we are terrible to watch), I can’t help but admire ****nals football this season and I hope that they win the PL.

I can’t believe I said that 🤦‍♂️

As a Chelski fan I usually relish the gooners failing. However, given our fall from grace (we are terrible to watch), I can’t help but admire ****nals football this season and I hope that they win the PL.

+1.
After many many years, they finally have a decent team and a good manager they have stuck with. Chelsea could learn a lot from this.
Can't see them slipping up from this position and it's well deserved. (Tom will be chuffed;))

Newcastle still hanging in there and surprise team of the season for me. I expected them to struggle as usual.
Lampard getting the bullet today not a surprise. He just doesn't seem cut out to be a manager with his lack of success.

+ 1 more.
A huge fan now of Mikel Arteta, apart from his brilliance in completely restructuring the entire club, I’m always impressed with his superb command of our language. I can’t believe I said that either. 😉
PS. Capt Black reincarnation 🤔
Not surprised by Newcastle. Another great manager in charge.

+ 1 more.
A huge fan now of Mikel Arteta, apart from his brilliance in completely restructuring the entire club, I’m always impressed with his superb command of our language. I can’t believe I said that either. 😉
PS. Capt Black reincarnation 🤔
Not surprised by Newcastle. Another great manager in charge.
The Gooners are firing on all cylinders. 👍👍

I should really be giving this topic a body swerve at the moment…….I’m an Aberdeen fan🫣😲

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom