Which C63?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No, it isn't PP... was getting confused with one of the many others I'm looking at!
Here is why I was confused: On the dealer's own website they list it as having 487 BHP... which led me to think it was a PP. Clearly it isn't, but at least I know now I'm not going quite as mad as I thought I was...

Used Cars | Mercedes-Benz C Class C63 5dr Auto [Performance Pack Plus] £28,480 Mileage: 42,422 | LSH Auto

Yeah it’s not PP but maybe they thought it was as the white estate was up for £6k more initially - don’t know how they worked that price out

Yeh, it was £35k and way off the mark.

The dealer paid £25k for it. If you want to know more then message Mark James in the C63 AMG UK Facebook Group.

I bought virtually the same thing for £27,000 last December from Mercedes of Bristol.

(2013 / 40,000 miles / estate / white / red leather / HK / 2yr AMG warranty / quite a few optional extras plus the first and only owner bought a 507 alcantara wheel & gearstick gaiter)

You might find someone who'd swap a red interior for a black one, for example I love it and would have done if I could only get black at the time.

Last edited:
Yeh, it was £35k and way off the mark.

The dealer paid £25k for it. If you want to know more then message Mark James in the C63 AMG UK Facebook Group.

I bought virtually the same thing for £27,000 last December from Mercedes of Bristol.

(2013 / 40,000 miles / estate / white / red leather / HK / 2yr AMG warranty / quite a few optional extras plus the first and only owner bought a 507 alcantara wheel & gearstick gaiter)

You might find someone who'd swap a red interior for a black one, for example I love it and would have done if I could only get black at the time.

That's really useful Intel, thanks. How low d'you reckon I could get them if they paid £25k for it? How long have they had it?

The dogs knob red interior might look quite nice in the flesh, as it were :)

Mine is a designo leather combination with white bolsters and black seat facings. I really didn't think I'd like it in the photos. Seeing it in person though, I love it.

Getting leather recolonised isn't too expensive. You could always go for the designo look with black seat facings. Having a brighter colour really breaks up the otherise black dash, carpets, door cards, seats, console etc.

They've had it since the start of May. If you get it for £27,000 I think you'd be doing well but as it's not one you 'must have' based on spec you could hit with them that as a serious offer and let them stew. Make sure it's got plenty left before the next service is due, they did a minor service on mine for sale with a fresh MOT.

When I bought mine I only went for a test drive on my day off as it was my birthday, only semi-serious. Test drove a B8 RS4 on the same day and it sucked in comparison for a number of reasons but mainly lack of support from seats, poor steering and an engine that was only special at the top end rather than all the time. After that they chased me quite a bit so clearly they hadn't had much serious interest (plus the first owner painted some parts black including the roof which might have further limited the market). They wanted to hit end of year targets so it went from £29k initially in October, to £28k by the time I drove it in December. Then they gave me a reasonable but not good enough quote for my Z4 Coupe. I said if you want me to buy it before Xmas you need to knock a grand off...so they did!

The wheels are aftermarket (listed as AMG wheels and they're not but they're so dumb they probably don't even know) so you could play on the non-OEM thing (like you care). They are quite a low offset, especially the rear where they poke out a bit much for me.

Mmmm, Nankang tyres... Nankang Noble Sport NS20

It's had a Eurocharged remap, although it doesn't say in Mark's comment which version. This is something you may or may not want to mention. For example, if they find out they will probably want to flash the ECU back to standard to sell it with a 2 year AMG warranty. It's worth about £500 although you can get a Celtic Tuning map for £395 with essentially the same results. Should be running 500-510bhp as it is now.

Ultimately, it's all dealer dependent. My other recent experience of car buying was an A3 Quattro which was priced at virtually S3 money. I rang them up and told them what I thought it was worth and he said no. Then he kept coming back to me with slightly better offers. Eventually, he caved and sold it to me for the price I first offered him. It was mainly because after it's been on their lot too long it just goes to auction anyway. They made about £30 after all their costs in the end but again it allowed the guy to hit a target.

Cars with relatively low demand are often still priced high as they are attractive to the right person. On the other hand a savvy buyer knows there's probably not much competition so present yourself as a serious buyer and you should get a result.

Last edited:
Or just retire the interior completely. So many good leather places around these days and a retire makes an older car feel so much newer and to your own taste.

From the photos it appears to have new but cheap brand ditchfinder tyres - another negotiating tool maybe :)

Thanks all... All very useful info. I'm in no massive hurry, so I'll let them sweat a bit. They seem keen to get rid before the end of July so maybe that's their deadline before it goes to auction.

It was on for £6k more?

Blimey. I'm looking forward to trying to negotiate them down even further!

That'ill be the Cheshire privilege Sir!

Buying stuff or employing trades in the SK9 & SK10 postcodes tends to come with a premium. I live here but for best value I always seem to buy my cars from the other end of the country.

That'ill be the Cheshire privilege Sir!

Buying stuff or employing trades in the SK9 & SK10 postcodes tends to come with a premium. I live here but for best value I always seem to buy my cars from the other end of the country.

Didn’t realised it happened up north too... I hardly ever buy my cars from London...
Derby x2, Newcastle, Blackpool and Kent where I’ve gone for “higher” priced cars

On a practical level the estate (obviously) wins hands down but also from a personal perspective too; an AMG estate is the ultimate Q-Car plus it’ll hold its money that little bit better. If you’re around 6 foot or above and in any way broad, the C-Class is not big at all.

Not too sure about which C63 the allegations of ditchfinders is aimed at; one has Nankangs the other Continentals?

On a practical level the estate (obviously) wins hands down but also from a personal perspective too; an AMG estate is the ultimate Q-Car plus it’ll hold its money that little bit better. If you’re around 6 foot or above and in any way broad, the C-Class is not big at all.

Not too sure about which C63 the allegations of ditchfinders is aimed at; one has Nankangs the other Continentals?

I was talking about the white one, happy to be corrected but I thought Nankang tyres are mid-range at best.

I was talking about the white one, happy to be corrected but I thought Nankang tyres are mid-range at best.
Far from ditchfinders, they’re a capable mid-range tyre and they do some great track tyres like the NS2-R.

My point is more the fact that the name alone isn’t always a guarante of a good tyre; I’ve bought two vehicle in the past with brand new Pirelli’s on and one had really good grip and gave a lot of confidence when pressing on and the others (they were different types of which names escape me) we’re downright dangerous and would aquaplane on a 1” puddle!

The fact the tyres are wrapped around what are possibly fakes worries me more to be honest!

Looks a lovely car, not an expert but no doubt other C63 owners will advise you. My V8 piggy bank still not grown enough to allow me to purchase an AMG V8 just yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom