• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Blue Efficiency injector recall?

I don't understand what you mean, sorry. My understanding is that the 350 is unaffected with the dodgy injectors, therefore why are they sending vouchers? I ask this as I am about to take delivery of a e350 coupe tomorrow !

Nooooo, of course the 350 is fine :D

I had the 250, with the injectors failing twice on me. I then gave it back and bought the 350 but Mercedes has since sent me a goodwill gesture of a free service (for the 250). So I called them up to say it had gone and wanted something else for ME not the car :)

take some pics of the car tomorrow, I take it you are going to the dealers to collect? you cant beat that feeling!
I have just run mine in (the sales chap said it didnt need it but in the book it suggested taking it steady for 900 miles), just gone over 1100 miles.

Get that in writing. In my experience, an MB dealer will hide behind the MB brand image and tell you any old fluff to get you off the premises.
Thanks for the tip, I have it exactly as written in my post it was part of an e-mail reply to the question.

ok, quick update from Deutscheland!

The A Class courtesy car is now being replaced by a new C Class Estate (still not to GLK standard, but will do for fitting the new xmas tree in!!)

Also, have now been informed that there IS a solution, and that newer models being delivered should not be effected by the dodgy injectors (however, seeing is believing, and many of my collegues expecting their new cars are still a bit on edge!!)

I've been told I have a wait of 4 - 6 weeks before my GLK is returned.

Compensation wise, I have noted down everything, and worked out day rate costs (as I lease the car) of the GLK versus the A Class, and will work it out for the C Class, and the total difference, probably based on 42 days (6 weeks) will be my starting point for compo.

As far as compensation is concerned, i'm gonna ask for the UMI, since mine does not have command, maybe ask for parking sensors as well.

Just had a call from the service manager at the MB dealer, says he is waiting to find out if they are to replace the faulty injector, or all of them, I told him that under no circumstances that I will accept just the 1 being replaced, as it seems it would only be a matter of time before the original 2 ( numbers 1 and 3) fail. Is this a tactic by MB to get me out of the hire car and save money .............

What about the base model C200 diesel with the rather pedestrian single turbo 136 bhp engine? I would doubt it would be effected if it uses the old style injectors. Another example of less is more?

Just had a call from the service manager at the MB dealer, says he is waiting to find out if they are to replace the faulty injector, or all of them, I told him that under no circumstances that I will accept just the 1 being replaced, as it seems it would only be a matter of time before the original 2 ( numbers 1 and 3) fail. Is this a tactic by MB to get me out of the hire car and save money .............

Probably, I was open with my dealer and told them I was fully aware of the problem and that when they give me the car back it *will* fail again, I asked if they was happy with this because I certainly wasnt. They said that Mercedes Benz had told them to do this and only replace the injectors that fail.

Quite funny as when I got my new replacement car (E350 coupe) apparently the sales guy was running mine and he broke down (3rd injector) in my home town!

I see that despite my suggestion that we might help each other with this problem by having a a poll in order to establish how many cars have problems and how many are OK (this would include details of the delivery/ build dates) it has fallen on deaf ears. So despite having a very active website we are none the wiser! Noone has even bothered to describe what actually happens when the injector fails eg can the car be driven any distance , is the loss of power instant etc etc
In the absence of any response I'll bid you farewell. You might also like to refer to Boxa.net for a REALLY helpful and useful site

I see that despite my suggestion that we might help each other with this problem by having a a poll in order to establish how many cars have problems and how many are OK (this would include details of the delivery/ build dates) it has fallen on deaf ears. So despite having a very active website we are none the wiser! Noone has even bothered to describe what actually happens when the injector fails eg can the car be driven any distance , is the loss of power instant etc etc

Rothbury,

If you want a poll, then just start one (click "Post a poll" when you start a new thread).

If you want to know the failure mode, then simply read this thread. This post about sums it up.

No need to have a paddy.

Rothbury,

If you want a poll, then just start one (click "Post a poll" when you start a new thread).

If you want to know the failure mode, then simply read this thread. This post about sums it up.

No need to have a paddy.

Thanks for that but here doesn't seem to be the interest and anyway when I tried to set one up it was beyond me!

Rather than a poll, the best method is probably to list member name, model, location, date of first failure, etc in a post and let others add to it.

Rather than a poll, the best method is probably to list member name, model, location, date of first failure, etc in a post and let others add to it.

this is a good idea rather than a poll, when further injectors fail then the user should edit their post and add to it.

is someone going to start a fresh thread for this...

would love to have been there as the salesman waited for mb assist, there is no way i'm accepting just the failed injector to be replaced, its the 4, or they can keep paying enterprise £65 + vat per day, in my opinion, due to the failure rate, and the not "if" but "when" issue, its a no brainer, theres no way i'm gonna feel safe in the outside lane of a motorway @ 70, and theres no way i'll risk my family being in that situation, i wonder if anyone from MB read any of this, but if you do, THERE IS NO WAY I WILL ACCEPT MY CAR BACK UNTIL ALL INJECTORS HAVE BEEN REPLACED, AND I WILL REQUIRE THAT THE DEALER GIVES ME IT, IN WRITING, THAT THEY HAVE ALL BEEN REPLACED.

would love to have been there as the salesman waited for mb assist, there is no way i'm accepting just the failed injector to be replaced, its the 4, or they can keep paying enterprise £65 + vat per day, in my opinion, due to the failure rate, and the not "if" but "when" issue, its a no brainer, theres no way i'm gonna feel safe in the outside lane of a motorway @ 70, and theres no way i'll risk my family being in that situation, i wonder if anyone from MB read any of this, but if you do, THERE IS NO WAY I WILL ACCEPT MY CAR BACK UNTIL ALL INJECTORS HAVE BEEN REPLACED, AND I WILL REQUIRE THAT THE DEALER GIVES ME IT, IN WRITING, THAT THEY HAVE ALL BEEN REPLACED.

From what I've heard even the new injectors being fitted as a replacement are failing. I'm told by someone working at Ricardo (ie so he knows his stuff), that these injectors, if they are going to fail will fail sooner rather than later. Ie as time goes on any injector that has not previously failed will less likely to do so in the future.

It then stands by reason, to minimise any future problems to you (and yes so Merc can keep enough stock to fix other cars) is to only replace the problematic injector on your car. Changing the entire set on a used car with miles under its belt will only increase the chances of another failure in the near future at this present moment in time.

What you said about insisting that they are all changed would only be beneficial to you if Delphi had managed to sort this problem, ie produced new a Mk11 injector. At time of posting this is sadly untrue.

I assume the dealers have been told this, hence why they are only wanting to change just the one.

From what I've heard even the new injectors being fitted as a replacement are failing. I'm told by someone working at Ricardo (ie so he knows his stuff), that these injectors, if they are going to fail will fail sooner rather than later. Ie as time goes on any injector that has not previously failed will less likely to do so in the future.

This is exactly what the dealer told me, if they fit a new injector then any others that are likely to fail will do so within the next 100 miles. It came true after they installed the second injector a third failed within about 60 miles.

Hello and thanks

Just discovered this excellent site whilst looking for info on the failing injectors!
I've ordered an E250 Sport Coupe for delivery next March 1st but am concerned about the apparent failure of the injectors.

I'm sure MB will resolve the problem, eventually!, but I am thinking about the upgrade to an E350. The dealer has offered this for £1,980. However I am concerned about the extra fuel cost for my 16 -18K per year mileage.

As I'm new to the MB scene I look forward to a happy future with both the cars and you guys:thumb:

I'd be grateful for any comments... Should I wait and see? or upgrade asap?

Just discovered this excellent site whilst looking for info on the failing injectors!
I've ordered an E250 Sport Coupe for delivery next March 1st but am concerned about the apparent failure of the injectors.

I'm sure MB will resolve the problem, eventually!, but I am thinking about the upgrade to an E350. The dealer has offered this for £1,980. However I am concerned about the extra fuel cost for my 16 -18K per year mileage.

As I'm new to the MB scene I look forward to a happy future with both the cars and you guys:thumb:

I'd be grateful for any comments... Should I wait and see? or upgrade asap?
I assume that will be the 350cdi in which case I would be very tempted to take the upgrade at that price.

Yes, sorry. I always think in terms of diesel these days! I was quoted £36k OTR for the E250 cdi with auto, comand and metallic paint. They then wanted an extra £1,980 for the E350 cdi. I'd be interested to see what others think of these prices.

Without a doubt take the upgrade!
The price is good, I keep a close eye on my fuel and yes the 250 is more economical but if you drive the 350 on comfort mode I get 44mpg on the motorway both up and down the A1 (approx 200 miles each way).
Also the V6 in the 350 is a dream, it doesn't sound like a diesel at all with no vibrations :D

---- Don't forget you will be getting the 7 speed auto box on the 350 too ----

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom