buyer wants to pay cash (in notes) for car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Martin Cahill put this money in a bank account for he could buy a house and then his gang robbed the bank as soon as he had left the bank to get his money back, so he got the house for free as he had legally deposited the cash.

Ouch,
Just off to bed and checked the thread.

BT.com
Directory enquiries only need surname and perhaps initial, plus town.

They will then give full name and address unless ex-directory.

It is a weird deal, but hopefully we are being overly paranoid.

My morphine is putting me to sleep so goodnight and good luck,
John

cash

well if the deal goes sour with the cash he will be driving home tonight on one m/way of another we could storm the motorways looking for him a kind of midnight GET HIM TOGETHER :devil: type meet :D

if you want, i could check his postcode out at work tomorrow - i can access an electoral database at work so if he is registered i.e a british national at the postcode he has given, i can confirm.

i always pay cash aswell - but i have the bank count it and seal it in bands of £500 and sealed in a letterheaded bankers envelope.

by the way - i would walk away from this. I have never known anyone to buy a car at this time of the night.

I'm glued. My wife keeps giving me dirty looks i think she wants some attention.

In all the time I've been a member of this club, I am sure this thread is the fastest growing in number of replies :D

Spinal said:
I was thinking that precise thought!

zooman 16
SilverSaloon 12
Apial 8
Spinal 8
GRAV888 6
sym 4
Howard 4
glojo 2
Dieselman 2
mobeyone 1
mark.t 1
Aswall 1
scotth_uk 1
KLP 92 1
jahewitt 1
kikkthecat 1
SimonsMerc 1
splang 1

..... and ZOOMAN wins the 'most replies' award !!

S.

Time to remove the rotor arm?

(By now hes either handing over the keys or locked in the closet...) :p

But seriously, they've probably gone off to tesco/asda to check some of the money...

Time to take the car round a mates house and kip on his sofa methinks.....

i would have my trusted 9 iron to hand just in case!!!

No one has mentioned the non sinical explanation.

At 16K, this is a good buy, and to be honest, if i had 16K and was looking for a 320 Cab, then would prob run at 10pm too..

As some people above, i always buy with cash. But if your not used to handling cash, then def do get it checked by someone!

jaymanek said:
No one has mentioned the non sinical explanation.

At 16K, this is a good buy, and to be honest, if i had 16K and was looking for a 320 Cab, then would prob run at 10pm too..

As some people above, i always buy with cash. But if your not used to handling cash, then def do get it checked by someone!
I buy cash too, but I usually agree to meet the seller inside the bank, in the day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom