buyer wants to pay cash (in notes) for car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
jaymanek said:
No one has mentioned the non cynical explanation.

At 16K, this is a good buy, and to be honest, if i had 16K and was looking for a 320 Cab, then would prob run at 10pm too..

As some people above, i always buy with cash. But if your not used to handling cash, then def do get it checked by someone!

why do it at 10pm?

surely a call to say ' yes i want it , i'll be up at 9am' is just as good.....

theres no problem with buying with cash, but that amount, this late at night has to arouse suspicions.....

Howard said:
why do it at 10pm?

surely a call to say ' yes i want it , i'll be up at 9am' is just as good.....

theres no problem with buying with cash, but that amount, this late at night has to arouse suspicions.....
Its still for sale on ebay. There is a Buy it Now still for those that want to make things even more interesting. Buy it with Paypal LOL!

Apial said:
Its still for sale on ebay. There is a Buy it Now still for those that want to make things even more interesting. Buy it with Paypal LOL!
:devil: LOL, now that would make things... interesting to say the least.... anyone interested in a clk for 16grand? Payment by western-union, not paypal, just ot make things a little dodgier...

I think he's got enough on his plate without someone doing that ....... :devil:

On ebay it says you can even pay with a postal order!

"Now Postmaster, how much will it be for a £16000 Postal Order? I do hope you have enough stamps to stick on!" :D

I shudder to think what Silversaloon is going to say when he logs back on. Paranoia on a mass scale

So far we have

A guy coming with fake money.
He's also a drug dealer
He's coming with a dodgy/stolen/hired car.
He's coming with mates to take the car regardless.
He's coming back to turn the house over later tonight.
Silversaloon is going to get locked in the cupboard under the stairs.
Oh and Mark.t is organising a posse to ram the buyer off the motorway.

What if he's just a hardworking chap who couldn't get there any sooner and really wants the car to impress his wife. Could happen.

you forget mobeyone waiting behing the door with a golf club... :devil:

EDIT: he better log in again tonite, I don't think I'll go to sleep until I find out what happens...

Last edited:
I hope this blokes wife likes the car when he gets it back. Is it a complete surprise? I hope she doen't do a fruit!

kikkthecat said:
I shudder to think what Silversaloon is going to say when he logs back on. Paranoia on a mass scale

So far we have

A guy coming with fake money.
He's also a drug dealer
He's coming with a dodgy/stolen/hired car.
He's coming with mates to take the car regardless.
He's coming back to turn the house over later tonight.
Silversaloon is going to get locked in the cupboard under the stairs.
Oh and Mark.t is organising a posse to ram the buyer off the motorway.

What if he's just a hardworking chap who couldn't get there any sooner and really wants the car to impress his wife. Could happen.

So could any of the above.....

Oh and just a little off topic.

While you're all watching this, in Roadrage/incidents etc Prince Nas has written an SLR off.

-A guy coming with fake money.
-He's also a drug dealer
-He's coming with a dodgy/stolen/hired car.
-He's coming with mates to take the car regardless.
-He's coming back to turn the house over later tonight.
-Silversaloon is going to get locked in the cupboard under the stairs.
-maybe their are aliens coming to buy a fine example of a german motorcar.

Ok, I think I'll start taking bets on which one it is...

I'm glued to this thread now as well

i think it is well dodge but we'll have to wait and see!

maybe the guy just can't take a day off tomorrow?

maybe their are aliens coming to buy a fine example of a german motorcar.

Jings crivens :) what are people supposed to pay in:)

fake bankers drafts , paypal scams , bonucing cheques.

i think cash is the lesser of all the evils.

Silversaloon , when you know the outcome , post a new thread

Last edited:
** UPDATE** cash notes for car! ** UPDATE **

hi all.

i must say i am surprised how that thread caused so much interest!

good news, the guy turned up about 10:45 and we went out to the local garage for him to view the car under the forcourt lighting. Then a trip to ASDA who checked a few of the notes. It all look cosha and he drove the car away, after i'd counted all the cash.

He has left his E class with me for 3 weeks until he can get back down to pick it up. it has a private plate on it that matches his business name etc. Really nice guy actually.

Good news - i banked the cash thismorning and everythings fine :)

7 series here i come! :) :bannana:

So does this mean you have a stolen car on false plates sat on your drive and only 1 in 10 of the notes are duff?!

:eek:

Seriously though - good to hear it went ok, makes us think about what we need to do when buying/selling privately - I think the MetPol were suggesting you take a digi pic of any buyer/seller.

:rolleyes:

great news silversaloon - caused a few palpitations on the previous thread ;)

Regarding the E Class - I would still take great care - ie lock it up or 'hide' it in case a 'friend' comes back for it with a spare key :eek:

Meanwhile do a HPI etc etc

Its just so unusual to pay such an amount in cash - 'money laundering' etc and you dont want to implicated . . .

Not being paranoid - just make sure YOU stay in control . . . ;)

Swiss Toni said:
So does this mean you have a stolen car on false plates sat on your drive and only 1 in 10 of the notes are duff?!

:eek:

Seriously though - good to hear it went ok, makes us think about what we need to do when buying/selling privately - I think the MetPol were suggesting you take a digi pic of any buyer/seller.

:rolleyes:

hehe, no all notes are now banked and i personally saw the cashieer check them on his weight computer verifier thingmagig!

Had to get the bus and train to work thismorning and until next monday :( not a pleasant experience... bus 20 mins late and missed connection with train :devil: :mad:

Glad to hear it turned out well.

I might be alone in being glad the thread was closed too. It was rivetting to watch but another 30 minutes and they would have had you at the bottom of some river and search parties out. :D

grasmere said:
Regarding the E Class - I would still take great care - ie lock it up or 'hide' it in case a 'friend' comes back for it with a spare key :eek:

does that really matter? the car is just there as he couldnt get back - whether he takes it or someone else does then its no concern to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom