E500 S212 in Silver!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not on a personal basis, though he goes by the same handle on PH and participates in the barge £1-£5k thread, which is the place to be for us saddos. You and Mike don't qualify now!

Ah, OK. Anyway, I noticed that his car had changed hands last summer when I was on another thread about how many of your previous cars are still on the road.

No, 212's are not barges yet. Prices are holding up nicely :)

@MikeInWimbledon Fantastic E-class and really well equipped. Congrats. I can only hope that when my time comes for a change I’ll be that lucky in finding a low mileage E estate with a lot of added options.

Ah, OK. Anyway, I noticed that his car had changed hands last summer when I was on another thread about how many of your previous cars are still on the road.

No, 212's are not barges yet. Prices are holding up nicely :)

I'm hoping that Mike can keep his car in Wimbledon for around 5-7 years in which time he might pass it on to a fellow enthusiast :)

Not on a personal basis, though he goes by the same handle on PH and participates in the barge £1-£5k thread, which is the place to be for us saddos. You and Mike don't qualify now!

God, just found the great thread on running an E500 as a daily. If only I'd know about it! Great reading your stories and hearing about Tom's trips in my old 211.

I'm hoping that Mike can keep his car in Wimbledon for around 5-7 years in which time he might pass it on to a fellow enthusiast :)

That's pretty much how Tom ended up buying mine :)

So this is what the original buyer got for his £70k:

Iridium Silver
Comand
Comfort Luxury Package
DAB
Designo Burr Walnut Wood trim (more of that later....)
Full glass roof with sunroof
Garage door opener
HK logic 7 Surround sound
Memory package
Night View Assist Plus
Rear Entertainment System
Rear Side Airbags
Reverse Camera
Roof Liner Alcantara grey
TV Tuner
Tyre Pressure Monitoring
Wood/Leather steering wheel
Privacy Glass
Shallow boot
18" AMG wheels

Apart from an insignificant dink in the rear bumper, the only issue with the car is fading of the Burr Walnut in the front of the car. As "the S212 fan club" will know this was a problem with the 2009-2013 W212's & S212's. My intention is to get the trim refinished or replaced at some point. I'll report on that in due course.

The car has only been serviced six times in its 24,000 miles, twice by the main dealer, so it's not as perfect as my past cars which were pure Main Dealer annually serviced cars, but as E500 S212's are so rare (perhaps only 12 in the UK?) it was a necessary sacrifice for such a well specified car.

Back to the subject of 18" vs 17" wheels, I have to say I still prefer the limousine ride of my black S211 on its 17's,
but I'll give it a couple of months before deciding whether to change these AMG wheels.

I've had this 385bhp 5.5 litre engine / gearbox combo before on my S500L and S211: it's fantastic for my kind of driving

Have to say, with 24k on the clock, apart from the burr walnut, the car drives, looks and feels like brand new.

It's just a shame that it took me so long to find this wretched thing.

Now I just need to sell the S211 before buying that SL500 I've been talking about.

Side view S212.jpeg

Last edited:
So is it a keeper for you, Mike?

Also, is it possibly to retro fit 17" on the S212? I would've considered that quite unlikely.

Iridium Silver
Comand
Comfort Luxury Package
DAB
Garage door opener
Memory package
Night View Assist Plus
Rear Side Airbags
Reverse Camera
TV Tuner
Tyre Pressure Monitoring
Privacy Glass
Shallow boot
18" AMG wheels

Apart from an insignificant dink in the rear bumper, the only issue with the car is fading of the Burr Walnut in the front of the car. As "the S212 fan club" will know this was a problem with the 2009-2013 W212's & S212's. My intention is to get the trim refinished or replaced at some point. I'll report on that in due course.

The car has only been serviced six times in its 24,000 miles, twice by the main dealer, so it's not as perfect as my past cars which were pure Main Dealer annually serviced cars, but as E500 S212's are so rare (perhaps only 12 in the UK?) it was a necessary sacrifice for such a well specified car.

Back to the subject of 18" vs 17" wheels, I have to say I still prefer the limousine ride of my black S211 on its 17's,
but I'll give it a couple of months before deciding whether to change these AMG wheels.

I've had this 385bhp 5.5 litre engine / gearbox combo before on my S500L and S211: it's fantastic for my kind of driving

Have to say, with 24k on the clock, apart from the burr walnut, the car drives, looks and feels like brand new.

Now I just need to sell the S211 before buying that SL500 I've been talking about.

View attachment 97383
That’s one hell of a spec! £70k! 😧

Iridium Silver
Comand
Comfort Luxury Package
DAB
Garage door opener
Memory package
Night View Assist Plus
Rear Side Airbags
Reverse Camera
TV Tuner
Tyre Pressure Monitoring
Privacy Glass
Shallow boot
18" AMG wheels

View attachment 97383

That's a spec and a half that is.

What's the "Shallow Boot" option?

That's a spec and a half that is.

What's the "Shallow Boot" option?
I was just wondering that! Doesn’t sound like a great option, but I’m sure it means something good...

One of these?

Yep, that's the baby. Except that it's for the S212 rather than W213.
And, yes, the rubber liner has gone missing, no doubt through scuffs etc. It's on my shopping list to be replaced.

5985c47203024828bb93eaab796138c6.jpg5985c47203024828bb93eaab796138c6.jpg

Now that's what a Mercedes should look like :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom