• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Even more new jokes... (No UK Politics or Football please)

I can’t quite remember which comedian told this tale but he said many years ago he moved into the same apartment block as Spike. One day there was a knock at the door. He opened the door and there stood Spike totally naked:

“Do you know any good Taylors” Spike asked!

(Think it was maybe Jimmy Tarbuk 🤷‍♂️)
Possibly Peter Sellers?

IIRC Spike is buried in Winchelsea - next village up the Hastings road is Ickelsham where you'll find one of the best food and real ale pubs for miles, the Queens Head, been going there for 40+ years!

Allegedly it was Peter Sellers who knocked on Milligan's door.

Allegedly it was Peter Sellers who knocked on Milligan's door.
That’s the one. Trust me to get it wrong. 🥴😆🫣

IIRC Spike is buried in Winchelsea - next village up the Hastings road is Ickelsham where you'll find one of the best food and real ale pubs for miles, the Queens Head, been going there for 40+ years!
Beer and food are great, as well as there being some great views of the surrounding countryside.

Allegedly it was Peter Sellers who knocked on Milligan's door
I remember Spike telling the story in some interview or other about Peter Sellers. Apparently they lived in the same apartment block, and Sellers was naked, apart from having an umbrella hanging over his forearm and a bowler hat on his head.

I remember Spike telling the story in some interview or other about Peter Sellers. Apparently they lived in the same apartment block, and Sellers was naked, apart from having an umbrella hanging over his forearm and a bowler hat on his head.
Obviously, there are standards to be upheld!
I do remember meeting one of the Goons, Sir Harry Secombe, on this very staircase in the Langdale Chase Hotel back in the '80s.
As I waited at the foot of the stairs with my Border Collie of the time, he broke into full Neddie Seagoon voice and exclaimed "That dog barked at me!"

IMG_0189.JPG

I can’t quite remember which comedian told this tale but he said many years ago he moved into the same apartment block as Spike. One day there was a knock at the door. He opened the door and there stood Spike totally naked:

“Do you know any good Taylors” Spike asked!

(Think it was maybe Jimmy Tarbuk 🤷‍♂️)
Going to have to disagree here....

My memory is that it was Peter Sellers knocking at the door of Spike Milligan in the middle of the night.

Sellers was a famous practical joker, but there may have been a hurried escape from a married woman's house involved. (With only time to pick up car keys)

Going to have to disagree here....

My memory is that it was Peter Sellers knocking at the door of Spike Milligan in the middle of the night.

Sellers was a famous practical joker, but there may have been a hurried escape from a married woman's house involved. (With only time to pick up car keys)
Sellers also had a new Rolls Royce that had an irritating noise in the rear. He persuaded SM to get in the boot with a piece of chalk and listen for the noise whilst Sellers drove around.

This took place early one morning until eventually Sellers was stopped by the police who asked what he was doing.

Sellers opened the boot revealing Spike to which the officer replied "Oh it's you two!" and left them to it!

Sellers also had a new Rolls Royce that had an irritating noise in the rear. He persuaded SM to get in the boot with a piece of chalk and listen for the noise whilst Sellers drove around.
This took place early one morning until eventually Sellers was stopped by the police who asked what he was doing.
Sellers opened the boot revealing Spike to which the officer replied "Oh it's you two!" and left them to it!
Makes sense. Sellers was an obsessive perfectionist and got through a stream of Chinese Eye Mulliner Park Ward S3's.

Wonder what it is that makes comedians so obsessive about luxury cars?

Makes sense. Sellers was an obsessive perfectionist and got through a stream of Chinese Eye Mulliner Park Ward S3's.

Wonder what it is that makes comedians so obsessive about luxury cars?
Many came from relatively modest backgrounds and possibly their new found wealth enabled them to indulge themselves?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom