Formula One 2017 - General Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's crucial that Lewis gets a good start, the Ferrari is really quick from standing starts.

Could be interesting race.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's crucial that Lewis gets a good start, the Ferrari is really quick from standing starts.

Could be interesting race.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed. The starts have not been great for the Mercs. Wondering if Kimi & Seb with be 1-2 after the first corner. :dk:

Either way I'm looking forward to the race. Might even have a few beers. I know how to live eh? :rolleyes:

Enough now. Mercedes engines for 2018 please. :thumb:

I'm getting really sad, and I'm never sad. ;)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    15.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
Enough now. Mercedes engines for 2018 please. :thumb:

I'm getting really sad, and I'm never sad. ;)

It is looking more and more like a possibility.

Great race, unfortunate that Kimi had BBW problems.

Force India need to have a word with Perez as he potentially cost them a podium imo

Haven't been closely following F1 in recent years. But have booked the summer hols today which include tickets to the Singapore GP 15th - 17th Sept:bannana:

We just missed out on a 9 night cruise + 3 day ticket to Singapore GP for £1400 pp. gutted really. Never mind, they'll be other years.

Looking forward to hearing all about it. It'll be a great event.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:
We just missed out on a 9 night cruise + 3 day ticket to Singapore GP for £1400 pp. gutted really. Never mind, they'll be other years.

That's a shame, you'd enjoy it.

I was lucky enough to attend the Singapore GP back in 2011 on business. Landed on the Thursday and then worked with media for three extended days from Friday lunchtime through including until 05:30 (am) on the Monday morning. A very enjoyable and exhausting weekend for sure.

Snapped this one in the paddock..

Yep, I've booked with them. The £1400 quoted is just the start.............
Oh, you want to fly from Gatwick rather than Heathrow +££
Oh, you want an ocean view + £££
Oh, you don't want to be in the engine room + ££
Would sir like to upgrade the grandstand seats? + £££

Ended up at £1868 pp. Mustn't grumble, rather pay a bit more for better cabin & grandstand seats. Using Gatwick is a shorter journey & flight times from there means that we don't need overnight hotel at the airport which we would have needed at Heathrow.
edit:-
I also had a quote from a very good travel consultant we have used before so she may be able to sort you out a deal. She was using same cruise but with a balcony cabin, 3 day GP tickets from a different supplier, same Singapore hotel, different flights, base cost was £1899 before discussions on downgrading the boat cabin.

Last edited:
Wow, that sounds fab.

TBH, when I said 'we just missed out' it's not something that would be suitable nor attainable. More of a dream. But thanks for the info.

Hope you keep us updated near the time. I'll bet it'll be a great experience.

We went to Silverstone for GP in 2013. I wanted our daughter to experience the V8's before the new regs came in. Her reaction when the first car came belting around the corner on the main straight was worth every penny. :eek:

What a race!

Alonso got some points too :)

^ It was a good one. Pity Hamilton had headrest problems or he would have walked it.

Bottas coming from 20th to 2nd driver of the day for me.

Vettell needs a smack. To only get a 10 sec penalty for deliberately driving into the side of Hamilton is ridiculous.

Ferrari International Assistance doing its stuff yet again.

Vettel threw it away with that shameful display

I never thought Bottas would pip P2!

Well that was worth watching, felt a bit sorry for Stroll losing it on the line. Force India showing some good pace as well

^ It was a good one. Pity Hamilton had headrest problems or he would have walked it.

Vettell needs a smack. To only get a 10 sec penalty for deliberately driving into the side of Hamilton is ridiculous.

Ferrari International Assistance doing its stuff yet again.

Maybe next season will see the introduction of dodgem cars :D :D

In football, retaliation is an automatic red card. He was luck to get away with the stop-go & 3 points.

Would you believe it??? :eek:

:bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

Attachments

• image.gif
    image.gif
    63.8 KB · Views: 1
I TOTALLY enjoyed every minute of that race. Happy for the top 3 drivers. Love the Fun Guy persona of Danny Ric.

Lewis was naughty not accelerating out of the corner. Seb should know better than to react like that. That silly (intentional) move could have ended one or both of their races, or even worse.

Even when interviewed he was in denial.

Shame that more races aren't as incident packed as this one.

I TOTALLY enjoyed every minute of that race. Happy for the top 3 drivers. Love the Fun Guy persona of Danny Ric.

Lewis was naughty not accelerating out of the corner. Seb should know better than to react like that. That silly (intentional) move could have ended one or both of their races, or even worse.

Even when interviewed he was in denial.

Shame that more races aren't as incident packed as this one.

Vettel also received a 3 point penalty on his race licence giving him 9 so far, 12 points in 12 months equals a one race ban.

Lewis did nothing wrong, as race leader he has the right to dictate the pace of the re-start, also, the Stewards looked at his race telemetry, Lewis hardly varied his speed at the same point in a previous lap and he did not brake.

It was entirely Vettel who was at fault and his arrogant and petty behaviour brought him the penalties.

Fernando said on team radio 'it's a shame because we could have won the race'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom