• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Have You Seen Any Interesting Cars On The Road Lately?

Deleted. ‘File too large’. It was a pic of a rally-plated Wolseley 1500.

Last edited:
The sign writing.
Makes a great impression; your nice shiny new motor being delivered behind something that looks like the local farmer used it for ploughing.
Have they ever washed it?

BTB Jnr has his 'prom' tonight - I'm taking him and his date in the R129, but it will be interesting to see what else turns up (apart from the usual hired limos). Apparently one of his buddies managed to be dropped off in a police van last year :D

Being out in the sticks a number have said they'll be driving themselves there in tractors as you can do this at 16 :thumb:

BTB Jnr has his 'prom' tonight - I'm taking him and his date in the R129, but it will be interesting to see what else turns up (apart from the usual hired limos). Apparently one of his buddies managed to be dropped off in a police van last year :D

Being out in the sticks a number have said they'll be driving themselves there in tractors as you can do this at 16 :thumb:
My nephew and one of his mates turned up at their prom last year on a mobility scooter!!

I don't know if it was just a fluke, but I have seen all sorts of unusual cars around and about here today.
However I've been working, so unable to take any pictures.
The most memorable was a stunning (Ferrari??) in deep blood red. It was steaming the opposite way to me as I crossed the Wolds, and we were both "making full use of of the road". 😁
When we passed, !!! mid corner!!! I was almost as surprised as I was relieved, that somehow contact had been avoided. I guess there must have been 2/3 cigarette paper thickness of more clearance than it felt. :oops:

So I didn't see any limos on the prom dropoff, which surprised me. Several Ferraris, quite a few modded BMWs, Mitsubishi Evos & the like. We were directly behind a "Coyote Mustang" (I had to Google that) which was *very* loud. The only other drop-top was a BMW Z3 ... have to say that I think the R129 added an air of class!

No pictures I'm afraid as I was driving.

Horrid things
It's strange, but over our years of visiting Greece, the ubiquitous Quad always seems to be ridden by either:
2 very glam girls in outrageously cut off denim shorts and bikini tops
Or
A very pale skinny sunburned bloke in a vest with a rather overly large, miserable looking perspiring female squeezed onto the pillion.
In either case, the fail to look anything like cool when attempting the 200-point turn necessary to turn the evil thing round.

We used to have one on the farm....easy to turn in one go, hard on the throttle leaning hard towards the outside of the bend.

Owner of the apartments we’re staying in has recently bought this monster.
Purchased in Greece but it’s got Dutch plates on it. 🤔

View attachment 143187
He’s got a lovely new S Class now. With Dutch plates on!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom