• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Have You Seen Any Interesting Cars On The Road Lately?

Saw the more recent morgan three wheeler earlier in the week - had me checking the classified. If only they did a trailer (or side car) for the kids !

We bought our son an MG Midget (STD888M) as his first car when he was 18 and had a summer job near Crawley, did a lot of work on it with him, will never forget the speed impression of driving it. From our home up the lane towards Battle I could happily do 50+ in my 968 coupe with no panic noises etc from SWMBO in the passenger seat. In the Midget, especially roof down, anyhting over about 35 she was claws into the side of the seat and telling me to slow down! Eventually had to drive it to - was it Portsmouth or Southampton - from Battle East Sussex with wife following in her car for it to be shipped out to him in Freemantle Australia, an unforgettable 3 hour drive! I was so pleased to get back into our car, think it was the 968 coupe. Laugh of it was two fold - shippers were supposed to deep clean it before shipping but forgot, so he copped a big bill from the Aussies for that on its arrival, then he at the time was based in Karratha way North of Perth, petrol stations were 250+ miles apart and small tank meant Midget had a max range of 150 miles, so he had to get it shipped up to his home - then a year or two later back down when he moved to Perth!

I can’t believe that I still haven’t visited Morgan. I need to sort that out. Would you recommend it?
Late reply but definitely.

I love a factory tour but this place is amazing. A factory still staffed by groups of families who have worked there for generations.

There’s also a need to get in there soon before the Italian VC firm that owns it spoils it through modernisation and moving it “up market.”

Then you’ve also got the option of a test drive. Not something I’d do with a three wheeler- even before Freddie got Flintoffed.

And if you don’t have interest in the factory, there’s a fine museum and dealership to be investigated if you only want to drop in for an hour and pick up a coffee.

IMG_4228.jpeg

IMG_4229.jpeg
IMG_4230.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks a right bodge!
But, but, but...

It's not a bodge, it's a beautifully conceived and engineered solution to a problem of our own creation. We even spent many hours coming up with an exotic-sounding name for it, for heaven's sake (said the man from BMC) ;)

I love a factory tour but this place is amazing. A factory still staffed by groups of families who have worked there for generations.

There’s also a need to get in there soon before the Italian VC firm that owns it spoils it through modernisation and moving it “up market.”

Then you’ve also got the option of a test drive. Not something I’d do with a three wheeler- even before Freddie got Flintoffed.

And if you don’t have interest in the factory, there’s a fine museum and dealership to be investigated if you only want to drop in for an hour and pick up a coffee.

View attachment 158381

View attachment 158382
View attachment 158383
Thanks for sharing. I must add it to the list of places to go. PS That car port is blooming lovely.

View attachment 158381

View attachment 158382
View attachment 158383
Why not a three wheeler? I’ve had mine (not a Morgan) for over 25 years now, and still enjoy it. Mind you, I wouldn’t spend north of £40k on such an impractical car, and tbh the current Morgan 3 wheeler leaves me cold at best.

Why not a three wheeler? I’ve had mine (not a Morgan) for over 25 years now, and still enjoy it. Mind you, I wouldn’t spend north of £40k on such an impractical car, and tbh the current Morgan 3 wheeler leaves me cold at best.

Respect for Morgan three wheelers and their owners, but they're unstable and dangerous in the hands of idiots like me and Freddie.

TBH, I was never that comfortable in traditional Morgan four wheelers on country roads, I'm just a softy MX5, Porsche, BMW, and Mercedes driver.

Prefer Clinique face scrub over Tarmac on my face any day of the week.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 17.01.09.png

When I looked out of my window and saw this parked outside, I had to go and have a look. An hour later I came back in.

IMG_8840.jpeg
IMG_8841.jpeg
IMG_8842.jpeg

When I looked out of my window and saw this parked outside, I had to go and have a look. An hour later I came back in.

View attachment 158496
View attachment 158497
View attachment 158498
Toyota Sera, not sold in the UK. Used as a model for the doors on Lotus M250 (still born) but equally showed the likes of McLaren how dihedral doors should work

Sometime around 1998 or so, a girl in my office asked me to come and look at a Mazda 1.8 coupe she was thinking of buying. We went to an importer of Japanese market cars but as we arrived I spotted the Sera hidden in one of their garages. One test drive later (me driving), and she was now the proud owner of a Sera in Burnt Orange. Looked great, the reliability of a Toyota but with style. If you sit in the back you can literally stand up and step out when the door is open

Came as standard with a flare gun!

Without that 60s Dodge Charger lump it would be nothing. Sounds great with the 440 in it. The 383....not so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom