Serious vid: Those who feel invulnerable providing they are not exceeding speed limit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Quirte crazy. We'll never know if oncoming traffic had to brake etc but to be fair he didin't seem to be that close to any oncoming traffic, pulling in well before anything passed.

Not something you see very often, never seen a lorry overtake on an A-road at all that I recall.

They are no different to any other lorry in Europe.

COMING THROUGH!
By the heck he appeared to be in a hurry? There are a few Polish speaking members on this forum, I wonder if they can possibly tell us what the car driver was saying when he was pointing at the speedo?

John

The lorry driver possibly thought that those in the car were out to high jack him at gun point. Not an uncommon occurence in Poland, I believe.

COMING THROUGH!
By the heck he appeared to be in a hurry? There are a few Polish speaking members on this forum, I wonder if they can possibly tell us what the car driver was saying when he was pointing at the speedo?

John

I asked my girlfriend to translate. After much giggling, blushing and laughing (I think the lads were a tad over excited and may have used the odd family unfriendly word) she says they say the lorry was travelling between 100 to 200 kmh.

Not sure how accurate the speedo is in their car as that would be about 120mph! Looking at what we saw of the interior of the car it didn't strike me as being capable of that speed either, nor did it look it from the video. Although we do see them moving vasty quicker than the regular traffic.

Whatever the speed, in comparison to the norm they were shifting!

I suppose if the trailor was empty a half decent truck would be able to pull it at those speeds if not limited - maybe Shaun or Grav can tell us?

Without a limiter, depending on the make of truck, it would be easily capable of 130kph - 140kph. I once got 85mph out of my Magirus Deutz in Germany. This sort of driving reminds me of the old two-lane "highway of death" from Zagreb to Belgrade before they built the motorway. The scariest thing is how the car is following blindly so closely - if I was driving the car, I'd keep well out of the way. When I was driving a Peterbilt 18-wheeler across the States at a steady 70-80 mph, I was frequently overtaken by rigs geared for 100mph in Tenessee and Arkansas, but only at night. These speeds were built into the night trunk schedules, and the companiies had done a deal with 'smokey'. This was back in the eighties.

The scariest thing is how the car is following blindly so closely - if I was driving the car, I'd keep well out of the way

I agree I would never advocate blindly following a truck overtaking traffic, especially when you cannot see in front of it, and in the rain too.:crazy: :crazy:

The scariest thing is how the car is following blindly so closely - if I was driving the car, I'd keep well out of the way.
:) Totally agree.

Just like as already been said, in fairness to the truck driver we don't see any oncoming vehicles taking to the grass verges and although the lorry does not look like it is going exceedingly fast; it is not hanging about. :devil:

John

I once had just shy of a ton out of a 7.5 tonner coming down reigate hill on the eastbound m25 ....:eek:

Absolutely terrifying .... the speedo was off the clock , but we had a verification of the speed from my mate who was following in his car ....

Ah, the days of being young working for a removal company .... :rolleyes:

Looking back with hindsight , it was probably one of the sillier things i've done , and i hang my head in shame .... :(

The whole thing was roaring , steering it was like you see actors doing in very bad films .... wildly swinging the wheel from side to side ..... :rolleyes:

C'est terrible .....

Without a limiter, depending on the make of truck, it would be easily capable of 130kph - 140kph. I once got 85mph out of my Magirus Deutz in Germany. This sort of driving reminds me of the old two-lane "highway of death" from Zagreb to Belgrade before they built the motorway. The scariest thing is how the car is following blindly so closely - if I was driving the car, I'd keep well out of the way. When I was driving a Peterbilt 18-wheeler across the States at a steady 70-80 mph, I was frequently overtaken by rigs geared for 100mph in Tenessee and Arkansas, but only at night. These speeds were built into the night trunk schedules, and the companiies had done a deal with 'smokey'. This was back in the eighties.

I often used to do the Zagreb - Belgrade route, aptly named as you said, the road of death and this reflects a similar quality of driving.
Like you too, I wondered about the sanity of the driver following the truck. If the truck driver was a nutter, the following car driver had a death wish.

Judging by the maniacal giggling in the car, there's a fair chance the occupants were more than slighly intoxicated......

No, it was not me, but I replicated that video this morning and see nothing unusual about the speed differential.

If the speed limit on that road was 40mph for HGV's (which it should be) and that lorry was doing 56mph, that would be enough differential to give the outcome of that clip.

Of course, I didn't speed, but was going uphill empty on a motorway at 56mph, overtaking others doing between 20mph and 40mph.

You need to be in the lorry to appreciate the difference in speed between me and the others. It looks a lot worse than it actually is.

Forgot to put that the people following in the car on that clip, are 100% aerosoles:devil:

Hi everyone

Hi everyone,
I'm new in this forum but I'm Polish and make the story clear.
1 - Guys with camera are driving Polish fiat 126
2 - speedo shows 100 km/h (max speed of that vehicle is about 110 km/h)
3 - in the conversation they mentioned speed of truck at 90 km/h
All story is certainly not what it seems!:bannana:
Regards to everone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom