• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

The Football Thread

Spain were better than us, it's that simple. We could have won but it would have needed an even bigger dose of luck than the previous games.
A good result to achieve 2nd place in the circumstances.

One could equally say that the acceptance of second place is typical of the attitude that Brits like to exhibit
Nothing wrong with second place. It's always good to leave some room for improvement.

As a non follower of football I watched the final and I agree the better team won on the night but what I cant understand is why everyone is signing its coming home? It's never been home .
Like most sports there's way to much money involved and a hell of alot of acting when a Rugby player goes down he's actually hurt or at least got touched
Rant over better luck next time 🙂

Never was any good at school 😀

what I cant understand is why everyone is signing its coming home? It's never been home .

The song was written about the fact that England were hosting the Euros in 1996; the first time that England had hosted an international tournament since 1966.

I understood the same when the writer's explained it on tv Sunday morning so why sing it then pointless imo

Seems to be sung at every sporting event at the moment.

Southgate resigned, hope the haters are happy.

Southgate resigned, hope the haters are happy.
I did not hate him; I just thought he was not quite good enough tactically on the pitch. His "don't lose" approach is fine for getting through the first half of a tournament but they are usually won by the team that scores more goals than the opposition; something we struggled with, against bang average teams, whilst having an array of attacking talent at his disposal.

I wish they could hire Klopp.

Never understood what Sweet Carolina has to do with the England team either.

Nothing, just a good chorus. QPR played it at the last home game when they beat Leeds 4-0.

As this result also ensured QPR's survival in the Championship, they also played Marley's Don't You Worry, also played at Chelsea and other clubs.

Various songs, chants and tunes make the rounds.

I did not hate him; I just thought he was not quite good enough tactically on the pitch. His "don't lose" approach is fine for getting through the first half of a tournament but they are usually won by the team that scores more goals than the opposition; something we struggled with, against bang average teams, whilst having an array of attacking talent at his disposal.

I wish they could hire Klopp.
I'd rather stay domestic and get Howe or Potter. The latter's more a modern tactician than Southgate which I think could really help. The game's moved on a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom