• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Have You Seen Any Interesting Cars On The Road Lately?

What's not to love about a Citroen with their magic suspension and a Maserati engine, plus the headlights that followed the steering! I had a CX Familiale for many years from mid 1980, it was the most comfortable car I've ever driven or been a front seat passenger in, and that includes a Bently, as well as a number of others. Returning from living in Northern Greece in late 1982 I did 1000 miles (Austria near the Yugoslav border to Calais then Dover to Orpington) in one day, and was still fit enought to sit talking to my late Mother for a couple of hours after I got there! Another forced sale as wife found it too big for the country lanes when in Sept 82 we moved to a Sussex village, got a BX instead and AFAIK the CX went to a local taxi/private hire driver and went on for many more thousands of miles!
I am keen to give one a wee drive, I like them for sure.

Here’s one I spotted for sale - Citroen SM for sale

I might share this one but I’ll wait until I collect it and I’m sure it’s as good as I hope it is - I bought it unseen. It won’t be a big surprise to some, and there might be a subtle clue al-blooming-ready 😉

Going to give us a clue on the latest acquisition?

It’s been a very blooming loooong day. Up and out of blooming bed at 0335 and on the blooming road by 0435 for a full day of blooming work in central London.

Arrived in Maidenhead at 1820 for a quick passenger ride around the block so the seller could explain the quirks and features, paid and on the road by 1845.

Home by 2330 covering 203 miles with a few pit stops along the way for visual checks. In its 18 years it has only covered 38x more miles than I covered tonight!

I’ll share more tomorrow…

It’s been a very blooming loooong day. Up and out of blooming bed at 0335 and on the blooming road by 0435 for a full day of blooming work in central London.

Arrived in Maidenhead at 1820 for a quick passenger ride around the block so the seller could explain the quirks and features, paid and on the road by 1845.

Home by 2330 covering 203 miles with a few pit stops along the way for visual checks. In its 18 years it has only covered 38x more miles than I covered tonight!

I’ll share more tomorrow…
There you go again, showing off your showbiz lifestyle 😁

There you go again, showing off your showbiz lifestyle 😁
Living the dream. It felt proper showbiz dashing through puddles in the rain at 0530 to catch a train and realising that my advance ticket only allows me to catch one specific train, and not the earlier one which I made in time for. On a positive note, there’s a Starbucks at the station now and it’s open early.

Drinking a Venti extra hot wet Yaks milk decaf latte with 2 pumps of sugar-free caramel to take away wishing that I had an open return ticket is way better than looking at a closed WHSmith wishing it was open so that I could buy the second most expensive Twix Xtra and wishing that I had an open return ticket..

The only place that they’re more expensive is at an airside WHSmith at an airport where they’ll take £3.30 off your hands for one 😳

Living the dream. It felt proper showbiz dashing through puddles in the rain at 0530 to catch a train and realising that my advance ticket only allows me to catch one specific train, and not the earlier one which I made in time for. On a positive note, there’s a Starbucks at the station now and it’s open early.

Drinking a Venti extra hot wet Yaks milk decaf latte with 2 pumps of sugar-free caramel to take away wishing that I had an open return ticket is way better than looking at a closed WHSmith wishing it was open so that I could buy the second most expensive Twix Xtra and wishing that I had an open return ticket..

The only place that they’re more expensive is at an airside WHSmith at an airport where they’ll take £3.30 off your hands for one 😳
I'm just glad I don't drink coffee! But can't help wondering what 18 year old pointed star is worth that full day of activity for....:dk:

You should have found a Cafe Nero, like what I did when I went to pick up the Beemer from the West Country. Then you could have enjoyed the Universe's most overpriced Cinnamon Whirl along with your Venti extra hot wet Yaks milk decaf latte with 2 pumps of sugar-free caramel.

Does anyone know where the English and Americans got this obsession about drinking high calorie, large sized drinks while moving out and about?

Does anyone know where the English and Americans got this obsession about drinking high calorie, large sized drinks while moving out and about?
I'm guessing us Brits got it from the Americans; where they got it from is anyone's guess. I very rarely do it, except when I have a 1 1/2 hours train journey to enjoy. Which is almost never.

No idea, but it is intriguing, and I’m one of them. I do enjoy coffee and I especially enjoy coffee in the car. I like to use independent coffee shops when I can but they’re few and far between. Starbucks is my coffee shop of choice and I usually plan my stops to Revolutionary with Starbucks stores 👀😁

“My” drink is a Venti skinny wet decaf latte (no flavours or anything fancy like organic yak’s milk for me), and always in a takeaway cup.
  • Serving size: Venti 20oz
  • Energy: 679kJ/161kcal *
  • Fat 1.5g
  • Saturated fat: 0.6g
  • Carbohydrates: 21.4g
  • Sugar: 19.6g
  • Fibre: 0.3g
  • Protein: 15.1g
  • Salt: 0.53g
  • Caffeine: 4.1mg **
Not sure whether that’s good or bad.

Now I know there’s salt in there I will ask them to hold the salt too 😁

No idea, but it is intriguing, and I’m one of them. I do enjoy coffee and I especially enjoy coffee in the car. I like to use independent coffee shops when I can but they’re few and far between. Starbucks is my coffee shop of choice and I usually plan my stops to Revolutionary with Starbucks stores 👀😁

“My” drink is a Venti skinny wet decaf latte (no flavours or anything fancy like organic yak’s milk for me), and always in a takeaway cup.
  • Fat 1.5g

It’s curious. It simply doesn’t happen across the Channel.

Yet, while I’m wombling around Wimbledon on the weekend, huge numbers are wandering round remote parts of the Common with a drink in hand. It’s odd

• Fat 1.5g