• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Have You Seen Any Interesting Cars On The Road Lately?

So was the very nice lady behind it.....I never noticed her of course.....my wife pointed her out!!! 😄
👀
I must be getting old ........ I was too busy drooling over the Capri and marvelling at the 'Stang with the Lambo door conversion.

We were at Newbury showground over the weekend and on the way home yesterday PM saw a steady stream of cars like this going back up the A34 towards Oxford ... including this one (or an exact replica!):

View attachment 157854
As George Thorogood used to say
"Drop em and spread em."

Just around the corner from me, this little salon hardly set a new Standard 70 years ago. You had to wait until the late 50's to buy a deluxe version with a boot lid! Only famous for it's anonymity, it is now very rare as few folk could think of a good reason to save one....

IMG_1237.jpeg

IMG_1238.jpeg

In the early 1980's a friend and collegue in Kavalla Northern Greece had a Daimler Double 6 that he let me drive a couple of times.What a car - lovely refined cruiser but drop the right foot and WOW!! My DD at the time was a 2.5L Citroen CX Familial, no excitement for an early 30's bloke, the D6 made up for that.

Saw this very tidy MGB in Beer today, also an equally nice Spitfire Mk 2, and the Daimler version of the Mkll Jag, but didn’t get chance to photo the latter two.
View attachment 157911
Have to say, the quality of MGB's these days is just amazing. Far, far better condition than when they were rocking about new.

Shame that they're probably still a bit rubbish to drive.

Most of the best ones have Heritage (replica) bodies on too....and its pretty easy to tell....the replicas are built so much better than the real thing!!!

Not cars but scooters. I bumped into these chaps earlier today at South Mimms.
I love a Scooter! We often get hundreds in convoy go past the house on various summer bank holidays on their way to the coast. A sea of Parkas, mirrors and two stroke fumes!

Most of the best ones have Heritage (replica) bodies on too....and its pretty easy to tell....the replicas are built so much better than the real thing!!!
But when does a restoration become a replica? Body shell? New chassis? Engine? how many body panels?

There was an original but too far gone Mini Cooper S on Bangers and Cash a while ago, where it was commented that it was worth £X thousands just for the VIN plate.

Then of course there’s Trigger’s broom…

That Mini vin is now sitting in a new Mini shell along with a few of the original parts and is doing the shows as a original restored Cooper S......hmm.
Then....

1718221970929.png

Now...

1718222062109.png

But when does a restoration become a replica? Body shell? New chassis? Engine? how many body panels?

Historic aircraft they are considered to be 'restored' if there's any piece of the original left (no matter how small/trivial). I posted a couple of examples before:

See a Zephyr 6 estate earlier today. No pictures though as I was driving. Looked in good condition too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom