• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Have You Seen Any Interesting Cars On The Road Lately?

Thanks, Chris, that makes sense. Never really been into Sevens, even though my nephew worked for both Lotus and Caterham!

So I suppose then that Caterhams aren’t really replicas of the Lotus, they are the Lotus - it’s the Westfields, Robin Hoods and Dash etc that are replicas…

And of course my JZR is a (very) loose replica of the ‘30s Morgan. (I refer to it as a ‘tribute to’, rather than a replica)🙂

Anyway apologies for taking the thread down this replica rabbit hole.
Yes I guess Caterham are more of a “continuation” Lotus 7.

New Westfields are ridiculously expensive now since they emerged from administration. A bit of a shame as I think the initial concept of the 7 (Caterham as well) has been lost somewhat.

A few from my visit to the South Of England show at Ardingly yesterday...
1000008471.jpg
1000008470.jpg1000008469.jpg1000008468.jpg1000008467.jpg1000008466.jpg1000008465.jpg1000008464.jpg

Not a car but included as a Massey 135 just like this was the first vehicle I ever drove when I was about 8!

1000008462.jpg1000008463.jpg

Last edited:
Corrados are fabulous looking cars imho (biased as used to own an H reg 1.8 16v model). Hard to believe they were designed in the 1980's.View attachment 157843
I had several when I was selling them brand new. The 2.9 VR6 was amazing. At the time Autocar said it was the best handling front wheel drive car on the market. They are still fun to drive now.

I had several when I was selling them brand new. The 2.9 VR6 was amazing. At the time Autocar said it was the best handling front wheel drive car on the market. They are still fun to drive now.
Indeed great handling cars and a step up in quality for VW imo from the mk2 Scirocco. A forgotten classic nowadays it seems.

Isn't it just Rolls Royce that do that....
They have been an option on Bentleys for some time now...

Ok.....but I meant that I don't think they come from Bentley like that from the factory.....like RR do.

We were at Newbury showground over the weekend and on the way home yesterday PM saw a steady stream of cars like this going back up the A34 towards Oxford ... including this one (or an exact replica!):

View attachment 157854
What was on at Newbury? My brother lives there and didn’t mention any car shows or I would’ve gone.

We were at Newbury showground over the weekend and on the way home yesterday PM saw a steady stream of cars like this going back up the A34 towards Oxford ... including this one (or an exact replica!):

View attachment 157854
I have used up to 5 deg negative camber on certain Michelin front race tyres to gain performance. However, having more than that just to give your car that 'previously shunted' look, is quite beyond me:dk:

I agree....I don't get the whole "stanced" thing.......I know it started in Japan after they introduced strict laws banning wheels that stuck out of the arches....which was a big thing over there The new law says that the top of the tyres have to be under the metal......massive camber was their middle finger to that law.....whilst still staying legal. Some of them were bagged though....at least a the show I saw......meaning that they got more reasonable camber with the suspension up to useable ride height.

A horse drawn covered wagon just passed by my lounge window, bright green, the wagon, not the horse, on the way back from Appleby Fair. Lovely clipclop sound.

What was on at Newbury? My brother lives there and didn’t mention any car shows or I would’ve gone.

We were competing at a big dog agility show there.

At a charity event some years back somebody managed to crash a Ferrari F360 Spider into a tree on the showground while giving paid rides to raise funds for the air ambulance. The car caught fire and was burned out - luckily nobody was hurt but IIRC the driver (who was not the owner) was uninsured which caused a few problems. Anyway we were there not long after and saw the blackened tree and grass :D

I followed a late 40's MkV1 Bentley salon down the M1 last night from the Classic race meeting at Donington.
It was well driven and mixing well with lane 3 and 4 traffic. The only thing that struck me about the car was how the vintage indicators were almost invisible relative to modern cars, but the performance was more than adequate to run motorway speeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom