• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Have You Seen Any Interesting Cars On The Road Lately?

I thought the Mk2 and 3 were the same bonnets.......the Mk1 having a narrower centre bulge....but Im no expert......just what id heard.
Mkl and Mkll have external welds along the top of the wing. Mklll has an internal weld along the side above the wheel arch. The front bumper profile is different from the rear one.

Definitely interesting.

Pininfarina SEC. Another piece of interesting styling.

View attachment 157976
I’m not sure whether he was ever credited with the Pininfarina SEC - possibly because it was a private commission one-off - however it has Paolo Martin written all over it. He designed the Rolls Royce Carmargue whilst he was at Pinfarina and there are some clear similarities in both concept and styling.

Paolo Martin’s portfolio is a mixed bag for sure…

Seen today at a Charity fund raiser.

Fond memories of a similar car waiting patiently for the Chairman of Metal Box Ltd. back in the day. An amazing thing.

IMG_4069.jpeg

Visited the Haynes museum today, drool time! Too busy looking to take pics, apart from this…( but I would take this one, wouldn’t I, looking at my avatar)

View attachment 158029
Since we have a car with a wheel missing, here is my father's BSA. This one had the engine in the bonnet rather than left out in the cold.
My mother used it as a daily when I was a lad, and they had one very similar when they got married. It later was fully restored and my father became Chairman of the BSA front drive club.

IMG_0097.JPG

View attachment 158085

Spotted this curiosity near me earlier. It's obviously a Jag XJS but, equally obviously, those rear lights are not standard - Citroen Xantia possibly?
Where have the buttresses gone?:dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom