• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Have You Seen Any Interesting Cars On The Road Lately?

Its ugly as compared to the original.......but pretty much anything you see that been "improved" but a "retired engineer" you can pretty much guarantee that in no way actually improved over the original!!! Its like when I see that a car has been looked after by a "retired engineer" on Autotrader I move onto the next!!!

Better......but not quite right around the side tailgate panel gaps!! 😄

Looks much better though....the buttresses certainly add something and its not the same with them missing....same as when Dodge took the buttresses away from the Charger to make the race 500 version more aero......done for a purpose....but not as pretty!!

Stock rear.
1718639728261.png

500 rear....
dream-giveaway-1969-dodge-charger-500.jpg

Not sure the original boot shut lines were much better tbh
View attachment 158096

They weren’t. Pre the facelift JRT and BL had ‘quality check’ where the mechanic had to fix additional known problems at PDI time.
One of these on the XJS was to correct the boot lid profile.
Or in other words fix the factory mistakes that they knew about.

Looks like this one was pre ‘quality check’ days.

Regarding XJS conversions, I still regret turning down the chance to buy an XJS Lynx Eventer many years (decades) ago, it's not only a better conversion of any I've seen above, it was faster than the original (by about 5mph top speed) and more practical. These days you'd need a very serious 5 figures to buy one!

I saw quite a few interesting cars today although most weren’t strictly on the road, but they were very much being used. Some of the standouts have the DNA of our very own @Mactech in them.

The first being the Jaguar XJ220. The proportions are staggering, and give it incredible presence, especially when pressing on. It’s finally getting some of the credit it always deserved.

1718740251649.jpeg

I didn’t count but there must have been around half as many Jaguar XJR-15 as there would have been on the very same grid back in 1991 and they are still seriously quick today.

1718740270337.jpeg

Finally, I know very little about Le Mans cars but I think this is a TWR Jaguar XJR-12 LM and was possibly part of the line-up which were victorious in 1991, but I’m sure @Mactech will confirm.

1718740745640.jpeg

For the Mercedes fans - of whom there may be a few in this parish - there was also an incredible Sauber-Mercedes C11 when it could get a look in between the old Porsches which surrounded it.

1718741526152.jpeg

Another old Jaguar, but this time a recreation of the Jaguar XJ13 which I believe was originally built as a Le Mans prototype but sadly never did see any competitive action at La Sarthe.

1718742078998.jpeg

Possibly the highlight of the day was riding shotgun with Peter Dumbrek in the just-released 2024 Aston Martin Vantage. A great driver on a great track can make a very good car feel incredible, but I think this might just be even better than incredible. Deeply impressed.

1718742251953.jpeg

Thankfully Peter has practiced a lot since he broke his Mercedes CLR GT1

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Again not strictly on the road but I visited Morgan Experience in Malvern and saw some very interesting cars of yesteryear plus a EV prototype car with three wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom