• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

The Football Thread

I’m not a huge football fan but I’m looking forward to it.
Tennis I can do without.

The TdF and The Olympics are my favourites. The fittest and most dedicated athletes on the planet.

All of course taking place around a General Election.
Have you been watching the latest Tour de France: Unchained on Netflix? I’m not keen on the dubbed voices of some of the people, but it’s a great showcase of what they go through - the pain and emotion. (Vingegaard is a machine!)

It numbs the disappointment of being humiliated yet again.
Losing 5-1 with Germany scoring all 6 goals.
Scotland were outclassed in the first half but the disastrous final scoreline of the second half was inevitable when they were reduced to 10 men?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Have you been watching the latest Tour de France: Unchained on Netflix? I’m not keen on the dubbed voices of some of the people, but it’s a great showcase of what they go through - the pain and emotion. (Vingegaard is a machine!)
I haven’t tbh but I’ll have a look. We’ve got Netflix but I’ve never watched anything on it.

The cyclists were beasts in those days.

Last edited:
Scotland were outclassed in the first half but the disastrous final scoreline of the second half was inevitable when they were reduced to 10 men?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It was always inevitable IMO.
Scotland give it the big buildup and turn up with a team that is, at best,not very good. The fans need a big dose of reality.
Mind you, England are in a similar situation.

Its the Euros....but still funny!....
Not as funny as someone correcting a misused apostrophe, whilst omitting to use an essential one :D

Anyway, I thought Euros was the currency that most of that lot the other side of the English Channel and North Sea use!

Anyway, I thought Euros was the currency that most of that lot the other side of the English Channel and North Sea use!
That would be the Euro; I don't believe it is pluralised 😉

That would be the Euro; I don't believe it is pluralised 😉
EU guidance now recommends that "euros" be used unless editing or quoting the original EU documentation that employs "euro."

Come on Scotland, let's hope you put a shift in tonight against the Swiss 👍

Due to circumstances I was unable to watch Englands draw with Denmark. I was able to listen to Alan Shearer getting more and more critical of their performance and getting more and more hysterical. About time that he, and Lineker, were pensioned off.
Bring back Ian Wright!!

Due to circumstances I was unable to watch Englands draw with Denmark. I was able to listen to Alan Shearer getting more and more critical of their performance and getting more and more hysterical. About time that he, and Lineker, were pensioned off.
Bring back Ian Wright!!
Ian Wright is an ITV pundit for the tournament

Reactions: JHS
Bring back Ian Wright!!
I think, like so many of us, it's frustration boiling over. Clueless Southgate is wasting a lot of talent playing people out of position and is guilty of trying to accommodate the 'best' players when he should be playing the best TEAM who understands their individual roles within it.

8 years in role I think and after the latest $h17fest he says they are still "experimenting". Nice bloke as he obviously is he is simply out of his depth and is making himself look silly; time for him to go directly after this tournament.

Reactions: JHS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom