• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Have You Seen Any Interesting Cars On The Road Lately?

Less of an interesting car but far more interesting is the steel balls of the driver, literally parking it in the middle of a road hahaha
Looking at the picture, I'm wondering if he hasn't actually suffered from catastrophic steering rack failure ?
It appears (may simply be an optical effect ? ) that the left front wheel is pointing left, and the right hand one is pointing straight ahead ?
Fwiw I suspect I would be inclined to "go no further" if it happened to me & that were an option ..

Looking at the picture, I'm wondering if he hasn't actually suffered from catastrophic steering rack failure ?
It appears (may simply be an optical effect ? ) that the left front wheel is pointing left, and the right hand one is pointing straight ahead ?
Fwiw I suspect I would be inclined to "go no further" if it happened to me & that were an option ..
It could be, I didn't notice anything yesterday , i stopped to admire the quality of the parking and celebrate the skill involved.

1000044340.jpg
The car was still there the next day and I think you're onto something !

Possibly a Suffolk SS100 then. Built from a 1977 XJ.
Edit: ok, I got beaten y post #4706…
No, you win.
I only got as far as an SS100 replica. (The headlights gave it away, and it couldn't have been 'the real thing.')
I don't know who has made the replicas, only that they exist.....

(Another internet rabbit hole is calling)

I've just got back, and latterly I was following this which parked up just down the lane from my home.:

View attachment 157651

View attachment 157652
I'd bid earlier: 1933 or '34 Packard 12.

Looking at that majestic rad and curvy door frames.

A majestic thing. Again, bemused that it's RHD yet survived. Is someone importing these things our RHD Empire ?

No, you win.
I only got as far as an SS100 replica. (The headlights gave it away, and it couldn't have been 'the real thing.')
Here's an SS100 replica hand built for Jay Leno by an American.
Then there's Suffolk Sportscars who's done them in more volume too

As pre-war classics, their values have taken a bath because their owners are dying out.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'd bid earlier: 1933 or '34 Packard 12.

Looking at that majestic rad and curvy door frames.

A majestic thing. Again, bemused that it's RHD yet survived. Is someone importing these things our RHD Empire ?
DVLA says its a 34....with a 5230cc motor.

No, you win.

Apparently the Suffolk SS100 has been accepted by the Jaguar purists as a Jaguar, about the only kit or component replica to be recognised by the ‘original’ marque owners

Apparently the Suffolk SS100 has been accepted by the Jaguar purists as a Jaguar, about the only kit or component replica to be recognised by the ‘original’ marque owners
You won on the Suffolk SS100 but....

I can't let you get away with that comment....

What about a Petersen Bentley Blower? Yours for £250k - used - probably a tenth of the price of a real used one

For Sale | petersen-engineering

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 17.26.39.png

But surely the best, and most accessible, replicas are the Lotus 7's made by Caterham?

Pure. Simple. Fun. | Caterham

But surely the best, and most accessible, replicas are the Lotus 7's made by Caterham?

Pure. Simple. Fun. | Caterham
Yep, not read your link as yet, but I believe it was only after a lot of legal wrangling that the ‘seven’ name was able to be used by Caterham Cars. There are still some cars around described as ‘pre-litigation’.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom