• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

The UK Politics & Brexit Thread

Will that stop the French outsourcing to us?
No as we are now classed as outcasts not bring in the EU, why bother to send Migrants further afield when they can be easily placed into a Rubber Boat, if they get more than a few yards out "Border Force and Navy" will pick them up anyway, = "Job Done" and on the cheap! :oops::rolleyes::doh:

Labour should do what Erdoğan did in Turkey: encourage 2 million refugees to come over, then grant them citizenship. We all know that come next elections they'll vote for their benefactor.

I saw this Shawshank joke the other day in the jokes thread and initially laughed, but it's stuck in my mind and the more I think about it, the more it upsets me. I wonder if even linking or commenting on this sort of 'joke' will get me on some sort of list, and it scares the hell out of me. Something seems very wrong.

Regardless of anyone's opinion on Blair, he is very good on some things - in fact, immeasurably ahead of the current crop of no-marks we've had, and now have, running the country - and this is one of them:

He makes the point, very succinctly, that it is the failure of centrist politicians to listen to the legitimate grievances of their electorate and their failure to act on those grievances that has created the "populists" on both the left and the right. He also correctly states (imo) that if politicians "sit there trying to manage the situation", labelling this group or that group "extreme", it won't work: they need to deliver solutions to the problems their electorate want solving.

Regardless of anyone's opinion on Blair, he is very good on some things - in fact, immeasurably ahead of the current crop of no-marks we've had, and now have, running the country - and this is one of them:

He makes the point, very succinctly, that it is the failure of centrist politicians to listen to the legitimate grievances of their electorate and their failure to act on those grievances that has created the "populists" on both the left and the right. He also correctly states (imo) that if politicians "sit there trying to manage the situation", labelling this group or that group "extreme", it won't work: they need to deliver solutions to the problems their electorate want solving.
I do not like the man at all but he speaks truth and sense in that clip.

20:20 hindsight from Blair ... Remember how people's grievances were dismissed and belittled during his and Browns tenure? Brown being caught calling the lady a bigot showed what they truly thought and speaking the "truth" was not on the agenda was it. So having being chief enabler in his day he is now qualified to say what millions said at the time as if he's some visionary?

So easy to speak his truth now he's made he's tens of millions and can sit on the sides trying to pull strings. Just ask yourself what the snake oil salesman is trying to sell this time? Or is he simple so vain he cannot rock off to obscurity? He truly is an odious piece of stinking manure.

(Calm down Matt 🙄)

Labour should do what Erdoğan did in Turkey: encourage 2 million refugees to come over, then grant them citizenship. We all know that come next elections they'll vote for their benefactor.
Isn’t that what they’ve been doing?

Isn’t that why he wants to lower the voting age as well?

Galaxy-Brain David Lammy is the gift that keeps on giving.

He now reckons that 20 year olds should be tried at youth courts (as opposed to the regular Criminal Courts). Yet he and his party think that 16 year olds should get the vote :rolleyes:

And on the subject of galaxy-brains out of their depth:

“His only period in the private sector was as a researcher at Channel 4” 🤣

The trouble is that this particular ass with a messiah complex (Beaker) is very dangerous and is already causing significant damage.
Surely his lack of competence will be his downfall at the reshuffle or does he have strong union backing?

Surely his lack of competence will be his downfall at the reshuffle or does he have strong union backing?
Lack of competence hasn't thus far halted his progress, so I doubt that will see him side-lined.

That Starmer put him in the position he has suggests that perhaps Beaker has photo's... ;)

Lack of competence hasn't thus far halted his progress, so I doubt that will see him side-lined.

That Starmer put him in the position he has suggests that perhaps Beaker has photo's... ;)
I had assumed pressure from some union source had tied Starmer's hands in Beaker’s case.

From speaking with people who moved their vote to Labour at the last election there seems to be a general air of shock and surprise at the cronyism, incompetence, mixed messages and policies announced and potentially still to come.

Being out of government for 14 years has caused some collective amnesia regarding the Labour way of "governing" for all.

Funny, that.

Apparently, Angela Rayner said the following in 2017:

'Labour will protect the triple lock on state pensions, maintain the winter fuel allowance and free bus passes for pensioners'.

Not sure we should be laughing or crying :confused:

Funny, that.

'Labour will protect the triple lock on state pensions, maintain the winter fuel allowance and free bus passes for pensioners'.

So more Labour hypocrisy and lies for GrahamT to explain away! 🤔

Funny, that.

A lot can change in 7 years.

But.

I bet she’ll blame Covid, the world wide recession, Brexit and the war in the Ukraine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom