• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Have You Seen Any Interesting Cars On The Road Lately?

Me too. I’d love to have my TV200 back I had in the sixties, but the price tag these days is in my case anyway unjustifiable. 😎
They’re crazy money.

respect-the-saab-1476934857249.jpg

Note the forward position of the original 3 cylinder 2 stroke engine in the SAAB 90 hence the choice of the short block V4 replacement The front end restyle in the later v4 model was to move the radiator to the front of the engine

Last edited:
It's a real looker, isn't it? 🤢

Sometimes when cruising the local sinkhole you may spot a complete and utter stater with a gob the only thing larger than her ar£e but for some unbeknown reason you still think (to yourself), I would :)

Same principle

Reactions: LTD
Not on the road either but I thought this was an unusual sight. Three McLaren F1: the most famous prototype road car, the prototype LM and a GTR. Behind me and out of shot is the Le Mans winning car.

full

Robert…….. was there any particular reason for the visit?
Anything you would like to let us know?

You seem to be showing a little bit of interest in the brand of late.

Exhibit 2

Very bad pic but last Sunday I spotted David Haye in his Rolls Royce driving by Hammersmith Broadway

Not on the road either but I thought this was an unusual sight. Three McLaren F1: the most famous prototype road car, the prototype LM and a GTR. Behind me and out of shot is the Le Mans winning car.

full
I installed the curved glass around the balcony you can see in that picture years ago and when we were fitting it the one piece explosively shattered everywhere all over the f1 prototype,mika hakkinens f1 car and something they called genesis (the original Benz motor carriage thing).
Expensive day.

Daughter’s partner has new premises and had an open day today.
He’s bought himself this as a toy, and my granddaughter was happy to show me how to drive it (even though she was in the passenger seat!)View attachment 148486View attachment 148487
Another job I had was working for Westfield making the chassis’s. Also made the xtr2 that held the record round the top gear track until they banned track cars.

Spotted in a car park in Glastonbury:

Triumph 2000.jpg

Looked in good nick, and is still being 'used' - the boot was full of boxes of stuff. My Dad had a couple of these a very long time ago. We always thought of it as a 'big' car at the time but by modern standards it's positively dainty.

I installed the curved glass around the balcony you can see in that picture years ago and when we were fitting it the one piece explosively shattered everywhere all over the f1 prototype,mika hakkinens f1 car and something they called genesis (the original Benz motor carriage thing).
Expensive day.
Great story. Good job they weren’t worth so much back then, and the Benz Patent Motorwagen would have been a replica. I guess they had one because of their racing links with Mercedes-Benz back then (shareholder too).

They have the first McLaren now - which they may not have tracked down back when you were then - it was a fairly heavily modified Austin 7 which Bruce built with his Dad. His Dad couldn’t race, so Bruce did and the rest is history.

Expensive day.
It’s astonishing that the cars were insitu at that stage of the build. 😳

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom