• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Have You Seen Any Interesting Cars On The Road Lately?

I was taking about the wheelbase..... obviously its rather longer overall. 86.8 vs 88.4 for the Metro.

I saw this today

The car looks so small to have a V8 engine
It must be fun :D
It did look immaculate

It might be a V8......but they were front heavy.....and only 133 horespower......so not very exciting. But excitment is added to by rubbish brakes and poor handling....so every cloud......:) Was also known as a TR8.

It might be a V8......but they were front heavy.....and only 133 horespower......so not very exciting. But excitment is added to by rubbish brakes and poor handling....so every cloud......:) Was also known as a TR8.
They were rallied though weren’t they? I think the results were so do.

Yep....too heavy at the front.....but at least they were 290hp!.

You could have bought one for just £55K!!

That's a great line from the Inveltcollection :
"driving the TR7 V8 was not the easiest - especially on gravel, it liked to take a direction, that was not always in accordance with the driver's instructions."
Sounds a bit like me when Mrs S foolishly allows me to take control of the shopping trolley in Lidl.

I did notice the tiny front brakes and rear drums at the back 😁

The highlighted bit🤣🤣

A few years ago I very, very nearly bought a white 10valve 2.1Quattro. Long story short, it was owned by a bloke who's car repair business was going down the pan and he was desperate for cash. I agonised for days over it and got through several sets of batteries in the Man Maths calculator before deciding against it. It was a bit rough round the edges but mechanically spot on. And that noise.....😚
In the early 90s I had a white 10 valve SOHC Quattro for just over a year. It was fantastic until things started to go wrong and it became ridiculously expensive to keep.

In the early 90s I had a white 10 valve SOHC Quattro for just over a year. It was fantastic until things started to go wrong and it became ridiculously expensive to keep.
Yep, that's the conclusion I came to, despite trying my hardest with the Man Maths Calculator. I've often though I should have just gone for it, but ultimately it was probably the right decision.

Did you know that Sherlock always had his front door painted yellow? It was his lemon-entry.
Already got my coat and I'm off.......
At least we don't have to phone for a taxi for you :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom