2010 National GTG questions and answers thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
hmmmm,

Paris is 222miles from me, and this event is 263 miles on the road.

However to get to Paris requires a further 30miles over sea, and to get to UK require 78miles or sea travel.

And I need to set off the night before.

hmmmm,

Paris is 222miles from me, and this event is 263 miles on the road.

However to get to Paris requires a further 30miles over sea, and to get to UK require 78miles or sea travel.

And I need to set off the night before.

Let the C63 stretch it's legs... You'll be in Wales before you left St. Peter Port :eek::devil::D

ROADTRIP!!! Wales is fantastic, brings back my mountain biking and camping memories from my uni days! Good opportunity to test my photographic skills out too :)

Question: Will vegetarians be catered for too?

ROADTRIP!!! Wales is fantastic, brings back my mountain biking and camping memories from my uni days! Good opportunity to test my photographic skills out too :)

Drive down together,as usual

hopefully yes, it would be nice to have a show of hands and see how many vegetarians we have on here who are planning on attending

I spoke to one vegetarian caterer last week and they were really obnoxious. They wouldn't attend unless they were given exclusivity, they wouldn't sell soft drinks like Coke and wouldn't turn up unless we paid them!!!!

Needless to say, we are still looking into the catering :)

Last edited:
Thanks Andy, thats great its being looked into as I was just curious.

Dieselman... what a great way to spend your days observing sheep! ;)

I am only eating vegetarian when they run out of chicken burgers ta.

the problem with the caterers will (my guess) be down to numbers, we need to guarantee them a decent amount of potential customers.

If we can get a van that offers a couple of vegetarian options, that may be our best option

Up to 200 people, I don't think we can justify getting two vans on the site

We will keep you posted though

Im veggie.. but I havent bought a ticket yet as I need to check a few things..

The question is though which is cheaper a trip to Paris via Eurotunnel or the toll on the severn bridge:D

If you use the Severn bridge for this gtg, you're probably going the wrong way:crazy: (Unless you are going back into England and up to North Wales, then it was free anyway last time I returned from South Wales)

If you use the Severn bridge for this gtg, you're probably going the wrong way:crazy: (Unless you are going back into England and up to North Wales, then it was free anyway last time I returned from South Wales)

I meant for those from "Darn Sarf" :D Us from "The Grim North" will have to do battle with the Pennines and Snowdonia ;)

Last edited:
I have to swim the channel with my car in tow.

I'm already on my hols in June 2010; anyway I said to you the Mondeo would a) not cope with the hills (it isn't used to them, living most of its life in Lincs) and b) I'd have to park it near a barn with some sheep, at least somewhere away from all the MBs so it would have a miserable time

Cancel your hols and buy a merc with the money saved.

I have to think of everything.:doh:

hey, you been on the forum 6 years this month.

have you attended any GTG's in that time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom