2010 National GTG questions and answers thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Personally I would prefer to keep it here

Its the folk that I see on here on a regular basis that I want to spend my time with :)
If a few turn up from the "dark side" it really shouldn't be a problem, and there are many on here who are regulars on both forums. However I just think we are better off restricting this to MBClub at least for the next few months.

If this does become the major success that I believe it can be then I would prefer the members here to have first shout on tickets.

Mark

Personally I would prefer to keep it here

Its the folk that I see on here on a regular basis that I want to spend my time with :)
If a few turn up from the "dark side" it really shouldn't be a problem, and there are many on here who are regulars on both forums. However I just think we are better off restricting this to MBClub at least for the next few months.

If this does become the major success that I believe it can be then I would prefer the members here to have first shout on tickets.

Mark

Fully agree, maybe (if we have the capacity) we could open it up to the other club after the 'discount' expires

Can I question the policy of no refunds? I would love to pre-book but it's just a tad early to know for sure what next year will bring. Two bods + caravan is a lot to forfeit if circumstances change.

Ta.

Quick question, although electric hook up for caravans is mentioned will there be electric hook up for camping, would probaly try and get SWMBO and daughter to come but if there's no where to plug in their hair straightners I'd be in deep trouble, also what is there interms of amenities block, showers etc.. ? As this would determine how many of us come and where we stay, but it would be nice to be part of the gang on the campsite.

It's going to be hard enough trying to pursuade her to go to North Wales as it is so anything to sweeten the deal would make my life easier :)

isnt there a limit legally on how many caravans can be in a field without some sort of permission? if tickets are being sold???? just a thought and i dont know for sure but i thought a max of 7 caravans allowed????? someone from the events side may wish to confirm or check...... appologies if you already have

The location is a mission to get to from almost anywhere, with the added bonus of single lane roads and caravans/lorries off to Holyhead...

There might be a few members make use of that crossing to get there. We have a number of Irish members who don't normally get a look in for English based events as it's too far and inconvenient.

I'm not sure the location matters, it's an adventure getting there and when was the last time people made the effort to go to tat part of the country.

Quick question, although electric hook up for caravans is mentioned will there be electric hook up for camping, would probaly try and get SWMBO and daughter to come but if there's no where to plug in their hair straightners I'd be in deep trouble, also what is there interms of amenities block, showers etc.. ? As this would determine how many of us come and where we stay, but it would be nice to be part of the gang on the campsite.

It's going to be hard enough trying to pursuade her to go to North Wales as it is so anything to sweeten the deal would make my life easier :)

I feel much the same about Yorkshire! :devil:

I feel much the same about Yorkshire! :devil:

No,you misinterpreted my post, I didn't mean there is anything wrong with North Wales. I meant it will be difficult to get her to do the journey, she is not one for travelling and the journey for us will be about 5 hours with very little motorway running. When we go to Glasgow she is moaning by the time we get to Scotch Corner (45 mins)

Anyway Yorkshire is Gods own Country, particularly "The Peoples Republic of South Yorkshire" :D

Quick question, although electric hook up for caravans is mentioned will there be electric hook up for camping, would probaly try and get SWMBO and daughter to come but if there's no where to plug in their hair straightners I'd be in deep trouble:)

There's an outside spur on our 'van you're welcome to plug an extension in to.

isnt there a limit legally on how many caravans can be in a field without some sort of permission? if tickets are being sold???? just a thought and i dont know for sure but i thought a max of 7 caravans allowed????? someone from the events side may wish to confirm or check...... appologies if you already have

This is a point worth checking Andy. Unlicensed sites are allowed max 6 vans before planning permission reqd. This may not apply to temp showgrounds etc but just in case.

There's an outside spur on our 'van you're welcome to plug an extension in to.

Thanks Druk thats much appreciated and don't mind sharing the hook up cost with you. Will take you up on that if you dont mind if there is no hook up for the tent pitches, assuming we can pitch near your van, we're not a noisy bunch honest :rolleyes:

Sorry guys - but will be travelling back from Bavaria that weekend - hope all goes well and hope you have a great time.:thumb:

1st National GTG and I'm away -- typical...:(

Last edited:
OK, let me try and answer a few questions......

We've looked into unit limits on the site (one of the first questions we asked) but they assured us they have no problems. The site is already used regularly by one of the big motor home clubs so they are fiine with us. Any permissions required will be in place

Power, there is a shortage of hookups but we will have a couple of generators on site with splitter boxes supplying power to the camping area. They won't be running all night but we'll have them on for the times they are needed.

We are not planning on any extra charges for providing power

Toilets and showers. Yes we will have them. We are currently gathering quotes for mobile toilets and showers. If anybody has any contacts that may prove useful please drop us a line

Refunds. Nick hit the nail on the head. We simply cannot afford to plan for 300 people attending based on ticket sales only to have 290 cancel with a week to go :)

We are funding this event from ticket sales, as we will be spending every penny we raise on the event we'll have no profits from which to refund.

Even the committee and the mods are paying :)

Last edited:
Will there be dancing girls?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom